You're a Rebel, Aren't You?

Don't ever go Christmas shopping to an indoor mall few days before Christmas. No, unless you want to wait 20 minutes before parking and walk within a few inches from the person next to you before you finally reach a store. Doesn't end there. Waiting on line can be a long cue of maybe 10 minutes plus.  And, there's no guarantee the store will have what you're looking for. If you're going for some "best-selling" product, just know it might be sold out.

So, yes. This is the story of my Christmas shopping today... three/two days before Christmas! Wow was it hectic! But, I went and picked up a very few items that fortunately weren't sold out. Of them was this crazy vampy lipstick from MAC... REBEL!


I couldn't brave the dark lip trend during the fall. It was out and about and girls everywhere were walking around with those vampy lips. But, what's the need for vampy lips in school? (I'm a student) So, due to the lack of occasion, I missed the chance. Until today, that is. I went to MAC and saw this crazy color. At first, I was scared to put it right on so I dapped a bit on my lips.

It brought this really really pretty stain. It's hard to describe. It was more red than I thought it would be, but a dark deep kind of red. The more you build, the more you can see the actual color of the stick in the tube. Heck, if you were to wear this full-on, you'd look like those 80s rebels... those sexy girls with dark lips and crazy smokey eyes! It's such a gorgeous yet wild color. What I love though is that you can wear it both as a tint and full-on. It brings a different effect with the amount you put on.


Also, it wears differently for each skin tone and of course with the kind of makeup you have on. I am in love, and it's only been a day. Perhaps I can brave a picture of myself wearing this shade on my Twitter (want to follow? /etherealellie). I love it. What makes me happier was that I thought I'd look terrible in vampy lips, let alone this color. But unlike what I thought, this color actually worked on me! I have to say, there are some dark lips that make you look absolutely dreadful and dead. But this, it's dark and vampy yet somehow it gives enough impact and color that you look more alive, young, and "ready".

It's a satin finish so it's not completely matte, but neither is it a pearl or something too shiny. It's just a natural amount of shine and matte.

With flash
This plum-yet-red-yet-plum yet red shade is such a statement. I'm proud to add this rebel into my lipstick collection! Am I a proper rebel now? :)

Without flash

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.