Argan Oil... LOVE

It's a day before New Year's Eve, two days before 2013. Crazy huh? The way life speeds by you even before you know it. Time is crazy and sometimes we'll want our youth back and all the missed moments and chances, but unfortunately, they won't come back. But what will is a future and more opportunities for a better life. Whatever 2012 has been for all of you out there, remember never to give up and to always believe that everything we've lived through has been to make a better tomorrow!

Whew. Very irrelevant to a beauty blogpost huh? Though unrelated, I cannot pass a chance to mention that undeniable coming of the future. So, I'll stop right here and proceed to introduce to you all (the last review blogpost for 2012) about my love for ARGAN OIL.


I received this mini/travel size Argan oil from NuMe in the November Glossybox. I'm not too keen on hair products but I thought I'd give this a try after a trip to the hair salon and hearing a whole lecture about how important it is to keep my roots healthy, etc., Just as a brief, let me tell you shortly about my haircare. I get my hair chemically straighten about twice a year. It's called a Magic Straight Perm, or some people know it as Japanese Straight Perm. It's about $150-250 depending on where you go and how long your hair is. I've been getting my hair straighten since 7th grade... let's just say more than ten years ago.

Magic Perms are amazing. I have a slightly frizzy curly hair (un-Asian of me, I know). It completely straightens your hair and leaves them looking unbelievable glossy. You can't wash your hair for about 60 hours after the perm. You can't tie your hair back or put your hair behind your ears. This is because it will leave a dent during those two-three days you don't wash your hair. After you wash your hair, I try to be safe and not tie my hair for about a week. Usually though, after 3 days, you're free to do whatever! (You can see a picture of my straightened hair in this post.)

You never have to iron your hair straight or do anything to get them silky straight. They'll always be that way! Wow right? But then here's the downfall. Because it is a really powerful chemical, it leaves your hair pretty damaged. It may not be visible at first sight, but where your hair is finer than other places, you'll see that your hair is damaged and burnt. It also may leave your hair brittle and weak, although it's not visible to anybody on the street.

The hair salon always tells you to give it a lot of treatment at home, condition it, etc., So, I make sure to do that. Thankfully though, I don't have too much trouble with all that. But, it doesn't hurt to get a little boost you know?

This ARGAN OIL is something I've never even heard of before. I've tried Moroccan oil before, and plenty other oils. I've found that Moroccan oil weighs down your hair so much! You always need to make sure that you don't put on too... much. Also, I don't have a problem with that, but my sister says that it makes her break out where the oiled hair touches her skin. That doesn't sound too pleasing. Though silky and glossy your hair becomes, I've always found that the oil sits on the hair rather than enriching the texture of the hair itself.

Now, this babe here is quite unlike that! I use A LOT and rub it from roots and with the reminder, move up and spread it throughout my hair. I like to apply it when it's still wet. And... oh my gosh. All the tangles are GONE and it leaves your hair feeling so soft and silky, glossy throughout the day! What I love is that though it is an oil, it does NOT leave the hair weighed down at all! I have an oily scalp, and this oil doesn't add any problem to my scalp or hair texture at all.

My roots become healthier and my hair overall looks so much healthier, let alone looking great! :) I've used this oil nonstop the last two months and I still have about half left. I'm definitely going to buy the full size. I've been so pleased with argan oil that I've bought my friend some from Josie Maran to try.

If you're looking for a great hair product, do go out and try this! I couldn't say enough good things about this :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.