Byredo Parfums⎜Perfume Collection (Part #3)


I am nearing the end of my Perfume Collection video series! I am so happy with the response so far and I love to read your comments. Today is going to be about my most luxurious brand fragrance. It is a Swedish brand called Byredo Parfums (blogged about it the day I got it on my Tumblr). The 50ml values at $145. Yikes! Fortunately, I have a sister who was willing to buy them for me for my birthday some year back :)

As expensive as they are, I will without hesitation say that I do not regret a single penny! Though I have named Diptyque as my all-time favorite fragrance brand, I think that it also shares a seat with this babe too! As I say, they are perfection in a bottle.


I was first intrigued by this brand because I saw it pop up on random pictures on Tumblr. They weren't from beauty blogs but random home-topshelf pictures. The bottle I thought, was simply chic and so I began my investigation to finding out what this Byredo Parfums thing was all about!

No doubt, after a few reads and clicks on their website, I was completely sucked into them. As I have mentioned in my previous videos, I think fragrances MUST tell a story. The name, the packaging, the inspiration, and finally the scent must all come in one perfect package. This brand definitely did that job, impeccably

Before I popped into Barney's New York (department store in NYC) I took a hefty amount of time reading up on their fragrances so that if I was just as impressed with the actual scent as I was with their description online, I would know for what I would be spending this much money on. Thankfully, I met a lady at the counter who was so helpful in informing me about these scents. She helped me choose these two that I so love! When I went to Barney's I already had about 5 that I was seriously interested in. It came down to these two, and although I went to just get one, I ended up getting both!


The Pulp is something I wear more often than the other, partly because it is such a fresh, lively, explosive fragrance of ripe fruit. It works well all year around and what's wonderful about it is that wherever you are, you instantly create this atmosphere of life with this fragrance beaming out of your presence! It is intensely savory and heavy. It isn't one of those airy light fruit scents. I mean, this is serious business of real ripe fruits! 
In Pulp, a compilation of exotic and Swedish influences create an international fruit basket. A dramatic composition focused on the idea of ripe, sweet, shapeless mass of fruit, an unruly and intense savor. (website)
Here are the notes of Pulp
Top: Bergamot, cardamom, blackcurrant
Heart: Fig, red apple, tiare
Base: Cedar wood, praline, peach flower

Interestingly enough, very much like my other fruity scents (from Jo Malone the Blackberry & Bay and Grapefruit) it isn't as "feminine" as one would think. I don't know about you, but when I think of fruity scents I think of girly scents. It doesn't seem to be the case with these rich perfumes! They are more masculine than one would think! I would definitely find this attracting both men and women.


As for Seven Veils, the moment I took that first sniff of Seven Veils I was like THIS IS IT. When I first bought it, it had just recently launched. Here is what they say on their website: 
Seven Veils is a spicy oriental composition built around the warmth of vanilla flower and Indian sandalwood.
It is based on the biblical tale of Salome’s dance of the Seven Veils, a story of many layers. Tainted and bejeweled, Salome turns to the art of shameless seduction. Barefooted, sanguine and black eyed, she demands a man’s head on a plate in exchange for one single dance...
“On that first morning the moon sinks late and you feel the pull, as if it were night, magnetic in a way the sun could never be. Three memories pervade the air. The way you hold it; the way through fingers you let it slip; and the way the woven silk floats across the winds. So now floats a perfect fifth, in a minor chord, from an ancient bow, resonating in our ears louder and louder. And louder still until it grows stronger than even our beating hearts. You rise up, upon your feet, and even higher. With seven veils you dance, swirling swirling swirling.”
It is seductive, feminine, sophisticated, sweet, and oh my gosh.. just so alluring and chic! Here are the notes of Seven Veils
Top: Carrot, Pimento Berries
Heart: Tahitian Vanilla Flower, Laurier Rose, Glycine, Tiger Orchid
Base: Sandalwood, Vanilla Bean 
I would definitely say that this is really just for women. I mean, there is no category but I think if you smell it you'd easily agree that it truly embodies women. I love it so, but I definitely only wear it in the winter time. Or else, even a single spritz would be too dense and heavy for spring or summer!




4 comments:

  1. This is the best introduction to Byredo parfums that I've watched so far. Thank you for such detailed descriptions of the fragrances! I MUST get myself to the Barneys Byredo counter the next time I treat myself. I've been meaning to test Pulp, Gypsy Water, Inflorescence, and Blanche for the longest time and now I want to add Seven Veils to the list as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :)
      Blanche is also on my list! I don't have a sample of it but if I recall well, Blanche was a beautiful scent! x

      Delete
  2. I had to comment as my boyfriend wears Seven Veils and have to say, never has a fragrance caused such conversation! People know he's in the room before they see him, and when I smell it I instantly get taken to the places we've been as he only wears it on special occasions (definitely not an everyday scent!). Just thought I'd let you know I think it smells great on a man, and he's had lots of comments so I think both men and women can wear this! It reminds me of whisky and tobacco... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fragrance is definitely unique and quite sensual! But thanks for letting me know that men also can wear it and love it as well :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.