NOTD Revlon 270 "Stiletto"

CLICK HERE TO SEE the Vivianna-nails! A Rose-gold variation of these nails!

Have I been posting too many NOTD posts, especially for one who said doesn't care much about nails? Well, if there's one thing that changed in 2012, it's that! I love painting my nails now. I've started with muted colors, the ones you can't really detect... to finally getting to the end of the spectrum. BLACK. I realized that the bolder your nail polishes are, the more longer your fingers look. Also, the dark bold color contrasts with the skin and instead of making your hands look witch-like, it actually gives such an elegant contrast with the skin and nails.


Anyway, so I picked up this Revlon "Stiletto" number 270. It was for no apparent reason besides the fact that it was... well, black. I was looking for blacks from one or two different brands but they didn't have it, so I just picked this one up. Also, I have one other Revlon nail polish at home that I didn't buy and a color I absolutely detest... but I remember trying it and thinking that the content of their nail polishes were pretty good and easy to apply!


I went for this, and gave myself a little mani and oh it was just like I imagined! One coat does the job but to be safe with the first coat, maybe you can go for two. But one should be enough! It's much glossier than it seems in the pictures. I'm planning to do the black and gold nail art that Vivianna from vivianadoesmakeup showed on her blog. I think it'll look elegant and quite festive :)

What bold colors have you braved recently? Black has definitely been a jump for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.