JOUER. my customized bronzer and blush duo

Jouer is definitely one of those brands that bloggers have played a large role in getting it hyped up and loved by many.



At least that's how I found out about this brand, and began "to play" around with their makeup. If you don't know jouer is French for "to play", and much like their name, they have made their line so that it is fun to play around with their makeup. In the literal sense of playing around with their makeup, you can actually build your own palette by joining the blocks of makeup together. These two products that I have chose to talk about can actually be put together like this:

… which, let me say, is such a good idea! It's easy to carry and fun to customize to whatever you wish.

I did a review on their matte tint moisturizer a few months back. However, I hadn't then formed my opinion on their bronzer and blush, which I also purchased when I purchased their moisturizer. But now that I've really had a play around with it, I thought I'd get on and talk about their makeup.


I chose the Sunshine bronzer to go along with my Blossom blush. What I really want to talk about though is the bronzer. I am still a newbie to the world of bronzers because the idea always scared me a bit. However, I was "bronzing" and "sculpting" up my face even before I knew it when I gravitated towards blushes that were neutral would do both the bronzing and the blushing at the same time- something like Tarte's Exposed blush.

However, now that I am into bronzers, I am experimenting with different shades in different lights in different seasons. There are earthy-dusky brown shades, the red tones, the orange tones, etc., I've loved the Nars Laguna bronzer for sculpting because of its dusky anti-red shade, and I've also loved Charlotte Tilbury's Filmstar Bronzer for both sculpting and bronzing. However, this Jouer Sunshine blush was at first, scary to work with. It is by far the orange-est shade of bronzer I own! And I've always heard how you are to stay away from orange-toned bronzers.


However, I surprisingly found that it suited me quite well. The bronzer itself is super pigmented and there are specks of pearls in it that put a slight gleam to your face but nothing too obvious. Because it is super pigmented, I find that even a slight dap of it can go a long way. It does absolutely wonders for my light-medium yellow undertone skin. It gives my cheekbones depth and slims my face, at the same time giving life to a face just whopped in foundation!

It is one of those bronzers that can do the job of a blusher as well. I find that on lazy days, I'll do foundation and then use the Sunshine bronzer to contour and give life to my face! I don't need to use a separate blusher unless I want to.

I find that the shade is just so flattering that I've been gravitating towards this blusher over my Nars Laguna this past month! So, for the scary orangeish shade that it is in the pan, it is quite pretty on the face. I'm not sure how it'll suit the really pale and fair skinned, but on my light-medium, it seems to be perfect!
As for the blush, the shade Blossom is a really simple everyday kind of blush. It has that light baby pink and coral-orange mixture. It definitely is a "light" "fair" shade which makes it easy to work with. However, it definitely is very pigmented that you won't need too much swirling of the brush to get a good amount on the skin! I love it for an everyday flushed look.


I rate this customized bronzer and blush duo and good 5 stars! And you can have a play around with it too. Just build any kind of palette you want, whether they are eyeshadows, blush palette, or whatever! I also love that the packaging is rectangular. It gives something edgy and sleekness to it! Have you tried any Jouer products? Any recommendations? x


4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the bronzer shade! It's so natural and I so see it being beautiful on fair to light skin. The blush is a bit too light for my liking although it's a very lovely shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the blush comes out a bit more prominent than I thought it would so it may not be as light as the picture above x

      Delete
  2. i think the bronzer shade i have is suntan and i really like it! I haven't tried the powder blush though! I really like their tints too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is the suntan lighter than the shade sunshine? and, their tints do look lovely x

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.