Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation

This is possibly my newfound favorite foundation! After Tanya Burr kind of raved about it in her beauty videos, I feel so many beauty bloggers went out to try it out, if not again. I too hopped on the bandwagon and bought the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. This is supposed to have the ultimate coverage, be long-lasting, natural and have a beautiful silky finish. 


After using it for a few days, I raved about it to my sister and she too went and got it in a different shade. The great thing about having girls in the house is that beauty talk is always happening, and each girl brings in her thoughts and beauty buzz! It's lovely. Anyway, back to the foundation. I bought the shade bamboo beige. In my research I've seen that these foundations are very yellow-toned which is good for me. I cannot stand foundation shades that have reds in it, not even a bit. That's also why I love Nars Sheeer glow. 

The difficult part was picking out a shade, especially... online. I ravaged through blogs to find swatches of the shades but even then, I had no clue! I just read the description and went with what I thought fit me. (For those who are more rosy toned, they have a bunch of shade for you guys as well!). 


The minute you squeeze a small amount of it out of the tube (you only need the tiniest bit and it's buildable) you kind of get this pasty cream. Then as you blend it, you feel how rich and creamy it is, but also light. I find that I "have" to use the expert face brush from Real Techniques. Other looser brushes just cannot spread this foundation evenly all over the face because it's actually "thick". 

I was so happy when the shade came it really fit me. Now, my sister got a supposedly lighter shade than mine because she is a bit lighter-toned. But if you see the swatch I've made below, you'll see that you can't REALLY see a difference. The shades are so subtle! But I'm sure they make a difference. I recommend that you go to the store and actually check it out in person, unless you're as lucky as me and get the right shade! (I'm light to medium, yellow undertone). My sister bought the beige ivory. I do have to say though that they do run a bit darker than what they seem.


The coverage is excellent. The finish is absolutely natural! You seriously cannot understand how such a thick consistency can end up looking so natural and smooth. The finish is neither matte nor glowy. It's somewhere in the middle. Also, it finishes so smoothly and you're not left with this sticky pasty feeling on the face. I have an oily skin, and yet this lasts quite well for me!


I sometimes compare this with my all-time favorite Nars Sheer glow, which also has an excellent coverage. The difference is in I think the consistency and wear time. I think the Laura Mercier lasts longer and it kind of sticks to your face. The Nars Sheer glow is more watery and it spreads easily and evenly all over the face with all kinds of brush. What I love about both of them is that they have the perfect shade for me, and that... is a big deal! 

Have you guys tried this foundation? They say its recommended for all skin types, for those who care about coverage and those who want a more natural look. It suits all! It definitely suits my taste of things so yay for me :)

4 comments:

  1. I love this review. Are you Asian? From the swatches, I think we have the same skin tone. :P What color are you in Nars Sheer Glow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) and yes I'm Asian. my skin tone is more tan than most asians, somewhere between a light-medium. I use the shade "Fiji" for the Nars Sheer Glow. I try to go for shades a tad lighter than my actual skin tone so that it can help brighten my overall complexion (but of course not be so mismatch!) hope that helps :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Ellie, great review! What is your shade if your sister is Beige Ivory?

      Delete
    3. The shade I was wearing was Bamboo Beige. I am actually wearing beige ivory now, felt bamboo beige was a bit too dark for me.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.