Honolulu Honey

I just can't get enough of lipsticks. I was always more of a lipsticks girl than a lipgloss girl, and this time I'm bringing to you another beautiful nude shade. It's NARS Honolulu Honey. What's there more to say than that it is the perfect kind of nude? Oh, I feel guilty for saying that because I say that about so many other nude shades as well, but this one excites me! It more on the peachy side of nude than it is on the pink side. It gives the prettiest most feminine shade of nude on the lips, a beautiful holiday look as well. The formulation is gorgeous, of course.



The shade is similar to MAC's Shy Girl, but that this shade is more of a truer nude. The name of the lipstick is perfect as well! Honolulu Honey? Come on, what better name to name a nude lipstick shade? :)

I also feel it goes well with yellow undertone skins. When I first saw it, it seemed to light toned-- feared it would make me look washed out. Yuck! Nude lipsticks should never be worn that way. But when I swatched it and tried it on my lips, it did no such thing! It is completely wearable and at the same time, fancy and elegant enough for a holiday look! I was totally sold when I saw Jenn (from @clothesencounter) wear this shade in her videos. Absolutely stunning!

Without flash
With flash. Ignore the pink shade right next to the nude swatch! I was swatching MAC's rebel right before this one!
What are some of your favorite nude lipstick shades?

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice formula too! Definitely want to try more Nars lippies !

    x Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Definitely creamy and doesn't dry up the lips :)

      Delete
  2. I love Jenn from clothesencounters! You watch her too?! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i do! I think she's absolutely gorgeous :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.