M.A.C. "Day Gleam" Pressed Pigment REVIEW!

The rave! I've heard so much about MAC's collection "Face and Body". They have pigments that are natural or skin-toned. I was actually more excited for this range of makeup than the Marilyn Monroe range. I've took a trip to MAC today and first I took a look at the Marilyn Monroe collection. Honestly, I wasn't as hyped up about it as a lot of other girls seemed to be. Packaging wasn't that appealing to me, neither were the colors. But, let me not speak for you at all. By all means, love it! Obsess over it as much as you'd like :)

Point is, I was eyeing this for the longest time (since it came out). I heard it gives a dimension to the eye that one just cannot express. It's supposed to give you a natural yet "wet" sparkling eye effect. So, when I went to the counter, I looked through the eyeshadows and found about six pressed pigments they had. These pressed pigments are a big thing for MAC lovers (found out through Youtube). I looked for a shade closest to my skin tone. 

What I ended up with was this one called "Day Gleam". My goodness...



The sizing of the package is larger than the average MAC eyeshadow (because it isn't necessarily an eyeshadow). This color is amazing. I've swatched it on my hands and literally, it blends sooooo beautifully with this amazing dimension. It's sparkly, with a glean, but with shade and highlights combined! (Does that even make sense?)


Meaning, under different lights, it has a different shade. Not necessarily a different "color" but really, goes from looking sheer, to shadowy, or sparkly... etc.


But seriously, look at this! Not photoshop, I promise. Look at the intensity! I've swatched this below as you can see. Do you see how natural the color is? It transfers as nearly identical to my skin (a little bit darker). They had I think one or two shades lighter than mine that I really wanted as well, but because I was looking for more of a natural gleen/sparkle all over my eyelid, I chose this one.


I cannot stress enough how this picture does no justice for how beautiful it is in real. I'm so happy I got this. I really plan to use this all over the lid by itself, or use it all over the lid and then use a darker shade on the outer corners. Ooooh! So excited :)


What do you guys think? Have you tried the Face & Body range? What are your favorites. Tell me down below and if you like it, give it a thumbs rating! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.