Sephora Haul ♥f Shame

I'm calling this a "Haul of Shame" because honestly, I think I bought a lot. Still I proceed by saying that  this is by far one of my most exciting hauls! I am so in love with each and every product that I sit now to remind myself that I must contain myself in order to write this blog in a professional manner. That being said, I believe I was in Sephora for 40 minutes plus and my primary goal was to find "THE LIP STAIN". With the summer full on approaching, even lipsticks seem to be bother me. Tints are long-lasting, dyed into skin, and just an easy flush and prettiness to the face. I've tried the all famous Benetint from Benefit several times but I don't seem to get along with that at all! It dries me out, and the color does not evenly work on skin. Also the applicator bugs me a lot. That being said, I wanted something that would give me great pigmentation, wonderful texture, zero heaviness, and efficient sleek applicator.


I picked up three of the ones that does just what I was looking for! First off is the Tarte LipSurgence in the color "Joy". Can I just say now that I am really starting to love Tarte products? After that one blush I bought a few weeks back, I'm building trust with that brand. That being said, this lip stain  is beautiful. The shades are various and though I wanted the pink or red shade, this orange shade seemed to suit me very well. It is oh so moisturizing that it will leave your lips swimming in its own moisture. (Don't mind my weird descriptions!) There were darker or brighter shades of orange than the one I bought but this color was pigmented enough! It made my lips look clean and supple and the color was gorgeous!



The second lip stain I bought was from a brand called Perfékt. This brand is very new to me but it seems it's been in Sephora for quite some time. I came across this brand through instagram. One of the girls I was following posted a picture of this babe and said it was the PERFECT LIP STAIN. So, I had to go try it out for myself today. And lo and behold! It truly was astoundingly nice! I bought mine in the color Hollywood and it's this really glam vibrant red color, the perfect shade I was looking for! It has such a unique texture and the applicator is more than amazing. This is supposed to be a lip treatment with intense pigmentation, that leaves your lips not only feeling great but looking great. I can also say that this lasts ages. I still have a blot of this on my hand where I swatched it, hours since I erased it with a makeup remover. I can't say enough about how this is very quickly becoming a fave of mine!



Next is the well hyped about lip stain from YSL. Yes, I know. I'm much behind the hype but I'm with you guys now, aren't I? I was hesitant to buy it but I thought I'd give it a try. It's a lip gloss like "thing" that dries as a matte finish, leaving your lips looking like they have lipstick on when it's been merely transferred as a stain! Complicated? Well, I believe that's what it does. Whereas my Tarte lip tint is glossy, this is less like so. I heard it could be a bit drying so I'll have to watch out for that. So far, I don't have a problem with it. The shade I have is in 10, a beautiful vibrant red again! The content is creamy and the packaging shouldn't even be a discussion. It's a beaut!


I also picked up a Clarins UV Plus Day Screen to wear with my new favorite foundation, NARS Sheer glow. The foundation doesn't have SPF so I needed something to wear underneath-- something that was lightweight and oil-free. I tried this on at the store and was more than impressed at the texture and finish of this sunscreen. FYI, I had wearing sunscreens so if I'm willing to use this, it means a lot :)

Next I picked up another NARS eyeshadow duo in the color Isolde, which was actually they first eyeshadow I really wanted to buy from Nars. But I resisted because I thought I could do away with my NAKED palette from Urban Decay. However, every time I pass by the Nars counter, this thing just begs me to be picked up. So, today I've caved in! Really creamy, beautiful pigmentation-- by far the best out of all the Nars eyeshadows!

Finally, I have two nail polishes I bought. One is from Dior. Their Safari Beige 219. A true nude I say. Not pink-nude, not brown-nude, and not gray-nude. Just a nude-nude! Lovely I say, just lovely! The other nail polish is the Nars Trouville which is the sweetest baby pink pea you'll ever see. It's just irresistible!

So here they are, my thoughts on them and why I bought each and every one. Now I'm going to take these essentials under the bush and resist myself from wanting to buy other things on my want-list. This is truly a bit of a haul of shame for me, but judge me not! I've been wanting these for ages and besides, a girl can splurge like this one in awhile... right? :)

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.