Tarte LipSurgence Tints

I'm loving Tarte products at the moment! Everything I try from their line seems to make me happy. Recently in my search for different lip tints and stains, I came across this Lipsurgence tint from Tarte. It looks similar to the lip stains+balm from say Clinique and Revlon. I haven't tried any of them, but as for the Revlon, I heard it can be drying especially for those who have overly dry lips.


Now, without further ado I'd like to say that this lip product says to increase lip moisture up to 6000%. I don't even know what 6000% means, but I sure can see where the moisture comes to play. When you put this on, it simply just glides on your lips. Your lips feel absolutely moisturized, as though you were putting on a lip balm. It has a smell of a lip balm as well, and overall you see your lips just glossy and moisturized throughout the day. I've worn this the entire day and never had any cases of chapping.

If you've read my Sephora Haul post, you'll know that I had some problem with lip tints and stains because they had a tendency to be drying as well as blotty. The product would not apply evenly and over a few hours, it would be blotchy and uneven. I wanted clean and almost perfect lips even when using the lip stain.

That's what's so great about this Tarte one. It has such an efficient and easy applicator. It's a stick that you don't need to sharpen. You simply scroll the bottom part and up it goes! It's shaped as a pencil so when you want a precise lip line, this is ever so handy. I also love that it's thick so it wouldn't take so long.


The pigmentation is gorgeous and buildable. I don't want too heavily pigmented stains that just give you an explosion of color that if you were to mess up, there's no other way out (like I've heard of the OCC lip tars). I wanted something that was rich but buildable. You can start sheer and make it a full on lipstick texture. I tend to go for that full-on color because I think it brings out such a nice vibrancy.


The color I bought was "Joy" and although it is a light orange, somehow it transfers coal on my lips! It has an orange with a slight red to it and I love it so much! They have brighter oranges available, but I love that a seemingly subtle color actually transfers so richly and nicely on my lip! I guess the contact of orange on red lips make it that coral, who knows! The point is, it's a really nice color.

Now the wear is amazing too. It lasts hours and eventually the balm texture disappears, or dries. However, that doesn't mean it dries up your lips. The balm texture simply disappears but your lips are hydrated from all that moisture lock-in. You are then left with a fine tint of the color from before, and it's gorgeous.

It isn't thought as permanent as some lip stains can get. If you wash your face, this'll come off. That could be something you want or not, but I don't need to tattoo my lips for THAT long. Also, I know I will be carrying this in my bag 24/7 and with the application so easy, I wouldn't mind popping this on any time during the day.

GAH! Love this so much. I feel like PR-ing this everyone I know :) Go try it out guys, it's AMAZING! They have three different kinds-- luster, matte, and tint. The tints are the most famous ones and preferably my favorite as well. Luster is glossy and shiny. Matte is... well, matte. Tints are everything I just said it was. Each kind has about six shades I believe, and they are all so nice!

I'm going to save up and get myself another shade because I love this so much! Until then, I shall enjoy this as much as I can :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.