NOTD: NARS Version of Baby Pink in "Trouville"

We've got all sorts of Baby Pink nail polishes out there, but I think this one is my favorite! I had forgotten how good the higher end nail polishes are. I realize sometimes you get what you pay for. Featured in yesterday's Sephora Haul was this goody, Nars "Trouville". It is baby pink in every sense of the word. 


I fashioned it with a few other accessories of mine that are baby pinks as well. I've got my Nikon J1 in baby pink, my lip perfection gel from Perfékt that I bought yesterday as well, and my polka-dotty Kate Spade iPhone case (which has a pink bumper).

There is more true pink, if ever there is such a thing, in this shade of Nars than any other baby pinks I've used. Some other more white-based, purple-based, pastel-based, etc., but this one seems like a good ol' baby pink with the awesomest gloss to it! It has a wet look to the gloss and I love that!

The applicator for Nars nail polish is amazing, and what's not to love about their packaging!

I feel this color is perfect all year around, but even more so in the summer. It's not a flashy color which I like, but it makes its statement nonetheless. The only downside is that it took me an hour and a bit more for it to dry completely. I sat immobile and unproductive as I waited for my nails to dry. I ran out of my quick-dry spray from Sephora so I had nothing but time to use.


Also, the shade is so versatile. You can put one, two or even three layers of it. Unfortunately, ever since I started wearing a lot of nail polishes, my nails have grown ridges and chip a lot. Two coats didn't seem enough. With the third coat however, it was just the finish I wanted (perhaps the reason why it took so long)!

Anyway, love this shade! What are some of your favorite baby pink nail polishes?

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.