What's in my June Birchbox?

I received a very unexpected mail today. It was the June Birchbox! The reason why it was so unexpected was because I had originally subscribed for a monthly subscription. I thought that meant you had to place an order each month. That being said, I disliked my first ever Birchbox which was the GossipGirl special. I blogged about it before, but long story short- I thought I had unsubscribed!

But I wasn't! So when I saw this in the mail today, I was like HUH?! But at the same time, I was really curious as to see what they would've filled it in this time. I hoped that it would be better than the last one and I thought, even if it wasn't... it was $10 and I could spare it... I guess...


But, it was so much better! I didn't feel ripped off at all this time. The misfortune is that although the products are good and all, they were compiled for those who love the bronzing and the tanning. Of the few girls in the world who stay away from those, I am one... so I found most of the products to not suit me very well. Yet, I thought I could give some of them a try.

One though that I was very fond of was the theBalm lip tint. I love lip products and I can't wait to try this one. The serum from Stila is also great, but again... I go for whitening brightening products... not so much the bronze look. It feels great and does great things I believe, but I don't know how often I'll be using this. Perhaps any one of you are interested in receiving it as a giveaway? Leave comments down below if you're interested. If no one is, I'll just keep it.

There were also self-tanning pads which I might use to fix the bit of discoloration on my legs and thighs.

I also received the Taylor Swift fragrance sample which is sweet and fruity, but not something I like all too much.

Lastly was their bonus item which was the chocolate peppermint bar. Yes, a food in the box! After I blogged it, I ate it right away :)

All in all, I'd rate it a 3.5/5 which is pretty good compared to what I would've rated the last box... a 1/5. However this time it's only my preference that got in the way. I'm sure the peeps who love the summer focused products will go jolly knuckles over them! (Jolly knuckles is not even a word.)

Anyway, what do you guys think? xx



4 comments:

  1. I Have gone all jolly knuckles :D

    MultiWabbit x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. I am interested in it. If shipping isn't too expensive, I would also like to give you the Dermaquest Skin Therapy Skin Vitalight. I don't use it a lot, mines is 2oz valued at $63 (Ebay valued it much cheaper), but it's been used a couple of times, but not much to put a dent in it. I am a light medium, but my body skin tone is a light medium but darker, so I can't really get lighter. I saw your video on youtube, then decided to check your blog. If you do have a giveaway and I'm luckily picked, just reply to my comment (PaLooKouLor).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog and love your personality! thanks for the giveaway and being awesome :)(daria)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like it if you don't want it (:
    But you should really sell it on ebay or give it to a friend for a gift

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.