NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

I get especially excited to blog when I find something I know I will purchase over, and over, over again. I know I'm behind in joining the hype and love for the Nars Sheer Glow foundation but I'm here now, ain't I? And I'm loving it to bits!


I have been using my Chanel Perfection Lumiere for quite some time now. Loved the color range for Chanel and I just loved the fit to my skin. It also has a nice coverage so I enjoyed it. But, the only thing is I didn't feel a "special bond" to it. I still will use it, but with the summer coming, I wanted something "sheer" yet with a good coverage.

I've seen a lot of bloggers say great things about this foundation. But they also said that unlike its name "sheer glow" it's rather matte. Nars recommends that oily skin use the matte foundation and the drier skin to use the sheer glow. But I went with the reviews online and went for the sheer glow. The color I bought was Light 5, Fiji.

Nars is absolutely wonderful in their color range.  I have a yellow undertone so I had NO problem finding the color I wanted. So the color range was a check for me.

Then the consistency. Oh my dear heavens. It is exactly what it says. "SHEER". But the coverage was absolutely amazing. Chanel's Perfection Lumiere covers but you've got a bit of the heavy feeling to it, especially when you apply it on your face with a brush. You feel it really thick, although I have to say, considering what it seems it doesn't feel all too heavy after the application.

But this Nars sheer glow is sheer with a surprising medium to full coverage. The wear is really long as well. It's one of those full day wears I'd say, and in the summer-- I get pretty oily...

However, unlike some of the reviews I've read-- I do find that this foundation DOES give a glow. It looks natural, sheer, and brings out a slight glow to your face. Now in the summer, I resist "glow" because the oil does that job. But the glow that this foundation gives is really subtle and natural. Nothing you need to fear because you have oily skin.

When you apply it, it goes on ever so smoothly. I just love everything about it!

I find myself reaching for this foundation MUCH more. I've done a swatch of my Chanel and Nars. In Chanel I wear a 20 Beige and in Nars, Light 5 Fiji. The Fiji is slightly darker... ever so slightly than my Chanel. I'm not sure if you could see the difference but it's there.


I do love them both, but I have to say, Nars Sheer Glow is making me ever so satisfied :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.