Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray

I was first introduced to the world of Bumble and Bumble by my friend who said she was offered a haircut by one of the Bb students(?). But I wasn't one to spend money on hair products so I did no further research... until my obsession with all these great beauty bloggers online! yay...

Anyway, I've always been told that my unruly, curly, thick, and lots of hair is unmanageable. I started chemically straightening my hair really early on, and now I've moved over to the Keratin straightening treatment. I might blog about that in a different post since I have much to say about the wonders of doing treatment over say, Magic straight perms or Japanese straightening.

So once I get my hair straightened, styling is something you just don't see with me. But as I said before, I've been wanting to try some few things here and there and one of things I picked up about a month or two ago was the Bumble and Bumble "Surf spray", which I bought at Space NK in Soho, NYC.


It does just what it says it will. It gives you that beachy tousled hair. It adds volume to your hair and it shapes just the way you touch up on it, which is nice. Because you can build with this spray, you can have a subtle voluminous tousled hair look or go extreme and have that really "just from the beach" sexy hair look. You can apply it either on wet or dry hair, but I've found it's easier after I've dried my hair to just spray this near the middle-ends of my hair.

One difficulty I found with my hair was that since I had chemically/treated straightened my hair, unless I made a few natural curls or "tuck-ins" in my hair, this spray would just make my hair even straighter and very unattractive. So what I do is wash my hair and sleep with my hair tousled overnight. That way when I wake up, I have a natural curl throughout my hair. Then I spray this minimally all over, near the bottoms, and it gives a very nice look.

For those who hate crunchy feeling, well... this gives you some crunch. But if you spray it minimally it shouldn't be that bad. It is a salt-infused spray so for those with really damaged hair... you might want to do some hair masks before using this too often.

Otherwise, for a sexy beach tousled careless hair... :) this sure is great!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.