My Summer Casual: Sperry Top-Sider

I love heels and hate the fact that I'm only 5'3". However, my feet have been ruined every summer... no well, every season by my stubborn will to wear only heels. So I took a plunge and started searching for comfortable shoes without having to sacrifice the "look" too much. In all honestly, I'd love to be walking around in my all-too-ugly-only-meant-for-running Rebok sneakers but...

That being said, I don't think I was ever a boat shoes girl but I recently saw it featured in several Youtubers' videos and they looked quite stylish in a way, yet extremely comfortable looking. The brand Sperry Top-Sider is the first and original company to start the whole "boat shoes" thing and they can be quite pricey. They run usually in the $89.95 range. I bought mine from Nordstrom.

I bought two with a plan to return one. I eventually decided on the "Angelfish" boat shoes in Rose Gold. It's cute and the metallic is perfect for summer, and since it's a warmer metallic, I think it'll be fine in the cooler seasons as well. Also, the Rose Gold color is an "exclusive" color that may remain as a permanent sell or be a limited edition.

(Picture with flash)

When I first tried it on, the fit was too good to be true. The other shoe from Sperry I tried on was the Platinum original boat shoe and I found it made my feet look LONG. Advice: they say to go 1/2 size down because it has a slightly larger fit. I'm originally a 7 but went for a 6.5 and it fits perfectly! The one I decided on looks really cute and matches pretty much all casual and semi-casual outfits!

(Picture without flash)

What Sperry's do you own? x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.