Maybelline Color Tattoo: Worth the Hype?

EssieButton (aka Estee) on Youtube uploaded a video on products that are worth the hype. Some of them (most) were drugstore products. Even though so many people fall in love with drugstore products, I seriously and honestly without any discrimination against drugstore products, truly don't like a lot of them! I feel, only in terms of makeup, that they can be a waste of money. They do the work at times, but sometimes I feel like it's better saving that money and buying something really beautiful, luxurious, and lovely. Still yet, these amazing Youtubers are so convincing, sometimes I need to give it a try. Estee mentioned this Maybelline Color Tattoo, as she has in so many of her videos, and I thought hey, maybe it really IS worth the hype.


So I took a trip to CVS. I saw the exact shade she recommended: Bad to the Bronze. I stood there thinking if it was worth the $8-9 dollars. Thought, hey maybe I'll try it. I wanted to try a cream eyeshadow anyway. So, I bought it. Brought it home. Swatched it. Applied it. And thought. WOW.

The pigmentation is gorgeous. This is a bronze that suits my skin tone. You can blend it for a more natural look. I liked the look of packing it on. It captures the light so well and gives your eyes this dimension. Lovely!
The orange you see was a Revlon lipstick I had bought and was swatching. That post might be coming up later!
My sister is always going on and on about the Giorgio Armani cream(?) or pressed powder eyeshadows that come in a similar packaging as this. Theirs are really really lovely too, no doubt. But heck, it's so expensive! But Maybelline seems to be a great dupe for them. So. Much. Cheaper, and yet the pigmentation is SOLID, deep, and shades are really lovely!

It really seems to be a great color to pack on your eyes on those lazy days you don't want to be standing there applying two or three eyeshadows!

Now that I enjoy this so much, I'm going to try the Stila smudge pot in "Kitten" next! I've heard a lot of hype around that. I'm going to trust the hype and try it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.