Perfect Spring Duo: Estee Lauder Pure Color in Raisins

www.esteelauder.com Pure Color in Raisins
I'm growing a deep and undeniable respect for Estee Lauder products. Somehow I used to think that Estee Lauder was only marketed towards mature women. But I have to say, there's no such need to categorize this brand that way! I have been wearing their foundation without end ever since I bought it. I've loved their Bronze Sands eye palette for the longest time. Now, this is a newbie to the collection. It's their Pure Color Eyeshadow Duo in Raisins.

$32.00
I've been wanting a pink eyeshadow for some time now. With my growing anticipation for Spring, it seems that I've been on an endless search for everything pink! This eyeshadow has that nice pink for its lighter counterpart. Then, it has this deeper plum on the other side. I have quite a few variation of plums in my makeup collection. It seems similar to the plum in my Tom Ford eye palette in "Enchanted". However, I've seen a few Youtubers wear it in their video and these colors were noticeably different and really catching!

So, I bought it hoping it'd be what I expect them to be. And no doubt, I am more than impressed! What's most impressing about this product is it is truly the same color that transfers onto your skin from the color you see in the pan. Usually, pinks turn a bit purple on my skin. However, I have this Estee Lauder "PURE COLOR" was indeed pure in that it transferred without changing color on my skin! The pink is so pretty. It's not even that sheer either, which is great. Somehow, lighter shades have a tendency to sink and disappear in my skin. This however, really stands out but not in some awkward way. It's really beautiful.

I'm not sure the swatches do it justice. It needs to actually be on the eye, seen by the eye to know!
Then the darker shade is the perfect complement to the pink! I apply at the ends and I also use the mini brush that it comes with. Lovely I have to say! With just these two colors and nothing more, you can create such a beautiful pink eye-look. You can go dramatic and make it a bit smokey, or you can go on the lovelier end of things and keep it more pink than plum. Either way, I love working with even just these two eyeshadows!

They both have shimmer in them, the pink more noticeably than the other. I'm a bit wary of mattes and so the shimmer was good. However, on the skin the shimmer is very subtle. The shimmer is nothing like Urban Decay's eyeshadows or even Tom Ford's Enchanted palette. It almost looks matte and the shimmer is caught only under certain lights! But, that way, it keeps the eyes so neat.

So all in all, I more than happy with this duo. It truly is a "pure color" and now that I have been more than impressed with all of the Estee Lauder products I've bought thus far, I want to try more of their products-- especially their pure color eyeshadows!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.