Feb Faves!


I really am sick of this dreary winter! I want Spring to bloom right now. So, in preparation for the coming season, I decided to combine some of my February favorites along with some Spring makeup. Now, I realized after I took a picture and filmed a video that I forgot all about lipsticks!!! But, I felt way too lazy to redo everything from scratch so... the lippies will need a rest for this post :( 

Anyway, let me move on. All of these have been featured on my blog before, besides maybe that Diptyque Oyedo eau de toilette. I've used up almost all of it already and I'm getting very nervous for fear I'll run out before I restock! It's such a beautiful beautiful beautiful fruity and citrus scent that instantly brings you to a hill of fruits and Spring. It's beautiful and I have commenting people about this oh-so-fresh fragrance all the time!


On that note, another really Spring makeup is my Burberry blush in Peony! It is the perfect pink yet natural glow. Usually, pinks that bright and light stand out on my skin tone but this one just makes you look like you have this natural pink glow! Love it so very much (as well as the gorgeous packaging). 

Then, since it's all about looking AWAKE! and ALIVE! for the Spring season, I thought a highlighter was only appropriate. This Benefit Watts-up highlighter is life-changingly perfect. Put it on the tops of your cheeks, down your nose, and under your brows. You'll look so young, healthy, and fresh. The glow is just addicting. 

For the warmer seasons, a smooth and clean mascara would be nice, wouldn't it? The Giorgio Armani lengthening mascara is just the best for that. No flakes, no drying, yet perfectly wet and smooth. It does the job amazingly! 

If you want a bit of a something-something, maybe a tinted moisturizer might help? This Works' Perfect Look Skin Miracle, which is a tinted moisturizer, is the perfect primer. It moisturizes and preps the skin for foundation. The tint is bit of a bronze, but for me, the color is practically invisible. But maybe if you are pale and want something-something for Spring, this would be great! 

Next is the one and only Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover foundation. This stuff is really something. If you are looking to cover up everything, this is it. It isn't too matte, nor is it very glowy. It's somewhere right between, which is great. It lasts REALLY LONG. The consistency is surprisingly watery that dries quickly on your skin, feeling intact all day long! The coverage is flawless and on top of that, it can be BUILDABLE. Whoa. 

I use my favorite foundation brush from Real Techniques (Expert Face brush) to apply these high coverage foundations. Why? Because this brush makes the foundation last longer and it gives the perfect finish. I used to be obsessed with the Stippling brush, then the Buffing... but now, it's this stuff right here. LOVE IT.

Lazy people, you may not want to go about putting on an eyeshadow. Maybe you want to achieve a "minimal" look? Well, still maybe you need something for a pop on the eye. Well, this 24/7 Glide-on eye pencil from Urban Decay is great for that. It's a creamy pencil that works like gel, and dries and stays on forever. When you first apply it, it is so super creamy that if you take a smudging brush (MAC 219) and smudge it gently all along your eyelids, you can achieve a softened yet defined eye! Love them so much.


But say you do want eyeshadows! Well, Urban Decay has some great shades for that. I chose the Naked 2 because it is currently what I'm obsessing over but also, since they are mostly cool-toned, it can help give the face a COOL fresh look. There are pinky shades that might look good for the Spring as well!

Finally, for nails, you know... it's the Butter London "Tea with the Queen". Perfect perfect nude. I will probably have a bottle of this until the day I die. This color just does not go wrong. Days when I want my fingers to look long, chic, and feminine? Well, this is the answer :)

So yep! This is my Winter to Spring, transitional makeup products. What are some products that are helping you transitioned between the color to warm?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.