Creating a Flawless Base! (Current Foundation Routine)


I wanted to make sure to put up the reviews for all the products that I mention here before posting this one. At the moment, this is my current foundation routine, meaning after all my skincare routine is done:
  1. Apply This Works "Perfect Look Skin Miracle" with fingers smoothly all over face. It preps, primes, and moisturizes my face!
  2. Take needed amount of Estee Lauder Maximum Cover foundation and the Burberry Fresh Glow (1-2 pumps) and mix them together. (The Burberry Fresh Glow is optional, and something that I don't do all the time.) I apply them with my Real Techniques Expert Face brush.
  3. Again only when needed, I take my Burberry Sheer Concealer in No.02 "Soft Beige" under the eyes or where I want a bit of brightening. 
So everything here is only the face-base. I've taken away the whole highlighting, blush, contouring, etc., steps to a beautiful face... just the most fundamental. The FOUNDATION routine!

I've blogged about This Works perfect look skin miracle so many times, I wonder if I need to go through that again. As for the Burberry Fresh Glow I just blogged up, linking it right here. The Estee Lauder Maximum cover foundation is perfect for me at the moment. It's a super high quality that is neither too matte nor too glowy. When I do want to create a more glowing and naturally radiant look, I mix my foundation with the Burberry Fresh Glow. It's lovely. It makes the foundation more liquidey which makes applying easier. Also, you can sort of use less of your foundation because it spreads over a large surface area. The Fresh Glow is a makeup base, created to give a luminous glow to the face. I've reviewed that here. 

Applying foundation is great with the expert face brush from Real Techniques. It's a more condensed but very soft brush that really helps my foundation stay on longer and cover so much better! I've put away the buffing and stippling brush all together! 

Lastly, only when I do need it, I apply the Burberry Sheer Concealer to make me look more "awake" and highlight certain areas. It's really great. I've reviewed that here as well.

With the coming warmer season, my foundation routine will likely change. We shall see, but for now, this is pretty much it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.