Falling in Love⎪CHANEL BEIGE fragrance

Every time I think of doing a FRAGRANCE COLLECTION video or blogpost, I just get way too excited and realize that I just won't be able to finish all my obsession in one post. So, let me put that off to another day. Because, well today I'm going to be talking about my newfound IT fragrance. I'm going to telling you about my fragrance discovery journey, and how I fell in love with Chanel's "Les Exclusifs" fragrance in BEIGE.

[It's going to be a long story. It has to be. But if it's too long, skip down to the next bracket!]

To give you a brief summary about my fragrance history, I was always never really into perfumes. In high school, I dreaded the heavily drenched perfumed girls. I never enjoyed the artificial scent, and always be surrounded by that artificiality, I never gave perfumes a chance. The one time I thought something actually smelled really nice was when my sister brought home a Chanel No.5 body powder. She had sitting on her topshelf and I took a sniff. It smelt EXQUISITE! Sometimes when she wasn't home, I remember dabbing myself in that powder and thinking: wow, this really smells beautiful.

That was the end of Chanel though, and again I thought nothing much of perfumes. I tried to like them. Took a sniff of so many other perfumes that were trending at the time, and even those that are the usual classics. I never liked any of them, all for the same reason. And really, none of them felt like me and I wasn't sure I wanted to be walking around smelling foreign to myself.

Then, I became obsessed with the world of Youtube. Well, no Tanya Burr. She mentioned Diptyque's Eau Duelle in one of her videos. She described it with so much class and elegance, I thought I'd search into it. It sounded like something I'd go for. It didn't seem artificial, and the whole idea that a smell develops on your skin and it can be "sophisticated" got to me. I went online and searched through diptyqueparis.com. I became more and more interested. I loved reading the mini-stories of the inspiration behind the fragrances.

That began my fragrance journey. I am currently still obsessed with Diptyque and my love for the ones I have collected knows no boundaries. They are displayed in this beautiful mirrored tray on my topshelf. I look at them each day while doing my makeup with adoration.

Recently though, I saw that Diptyque's Oyedo was falling short. That meant I was missing a citrus scent in my collection. No, well Byredo Parfum's Pulp is quite the fruity kind but I had to give that away to my sister who wanted it so much. I wanted something new for my collection-- something to represent the sweetness, the freshness, the floral-ness of the coming Spring.

[Here begins the real Chanel discovery story]

Chanel "Beige" 2.5oz. ($130) / 6.8oz ($230)

I took a purposeful trip to Saks, intending to use up my gift card from the holidays. After failing to find any fragrance that I loved within the cologne section of Diptyque, I cruised over to the Chanel counter. I've always found that the only brand fragrance that really smelt of anything like my taste was Chanel, but not everything from Chanel. I especially liked Chanel's No.5 and Coco. So, with that in mind I thought I'd really give Chanel a go.

I skipped the counter that had the famous ones displayed. Instead, I went the counter that had the line-ups of their Les Exclusifs de Chanel, coming in with about fourteen fragrances! Unfortunately, the man behind the counter was horrible in describing the scents. So I told him I'd try them out myself. I took a stack of the cards and started spraying all 14. I picked up Gardenia. Holy. It was beautiful. Then, I picked up BEIGE.

Wow. I was searching for something that would represent Spring, be slightly sweet, sophisticated, long-lasting, and floral. I didn't want anything too deep or heavy. This was amazing! It had the quintessential Chanel scent that we all know, but with such a lovely variation of honey and white petals! Thankfully, there was this huge book introducing each fragrance and the story behind each of them which I love to read! Each fragrance should have a story, like a poetry, or a painting that draws out the scenery of which the scents blends into.

Finding "Beige" to be the most appealing and something of a SO-ME-FEELING compared to all the other 13, I walked over to the book and read on it. That's when I thought, yes. This has to be the scent!

Here is their description:
“I take refuge in beige because it’s natural,” said Mademoiselle Chanel. An elusive colour with infinite variations, beige may seem quite ordinary. And yet, behind this apparent simplicity, it hides a discreet sensuality that builds slowly before revealing itself fully. This sensual outburst is interpreted by Jacques Polge through a bouquet of Hawthorn, Freesia and Frangipani, with shimmering hints of honey. A stunning blend of white petals and yellow gold…in other words, a breath of beige. 
A nectar fragrance, the union of sensuality and simplicity evokes the colour beloved by Gabrielle Chanel… 
How do I not fall in love if the description is written this beautifully? The name "Beige" just rolls off my tongue and I can't help thinking how well they've named this fragrance! It fits perfectly! I love the packaging. It's just a bottle with the simplest label stuck on it. Yet, how does Chanel manage to make it so utterly chic? It comes in a box that has its famous monochrome design. I purposely asked the lady at the Chanel counter to gift-wrap it since I just wanted the whole experiencing!




Before I left Saks, I spritzed myself all over with this fragrance. The rest of the day I was sniffing myself (ew, does that sound weird?!) and thought: Yes, this is it!

I love that Chanel's fragrance lasts really long! And I love that what I have is a little different from the hundreds and thousands of ladies who love Chanel and all smell the same! It has the essential smell of Chanel, but with that younger, yet sophisticated, nectar sweet, fresh, almost airy floral scent! Oh, it's just so lovely!

So, welcome my dear fragrance to your new home. I love you so :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.