Summer (Mattifying) Moisturizers

Summer is great at erasing and melting makeup. It's also great for ruining skins and make things worse for those who already have it bad! Okay, alright. I'll stop being so pessimistic. But thing is, summer entails a lot of things you've got to watch out for. For me, it's how to keep MAKEUP on.

I'm going to do a face primer post soon, but even before we get to the primer I've found that using mattifying moisturizers from the start really help keep makeup on, and oil blocked.

After using my Mario Badescu toner, I apply this recently attained Bioderma Sébium Pore Refiner. They recommend you use it in the day since it won't be hydrating enough for the night. I apply this right in my T-zone area, so my forehead, nose, and chin. I also apply it on the inner parts of my cheeks so near my nose. I tend to get oily around there too.

Then I use my La Roche-Posay Effaclar M (Daily Mattifying Moisturizer) and apply it everywhere else. You can also apply it on top of the sébium for an extra moisture. This moisturizer will make sure your skin isn't too tight. The content of this is a very light moisture that turns slightly powdery. You'll find that your skin does look and stay matte for a lot longer.


The Bioderma Sébium is also similar to the La Roche-Posay in texture. It's a light moisture that quickly smears into the skin and you can instantly see the mattifying effects of the product.

With these two moisturizers, then a primer I find my makeup lasts so much longer and in a healthy state too.

If you have dry skin, you probably won't need a mattifying conversion in the summer. But for those with combination/oily skin, it's important to start from the basis and work yourself up to your makeup. Also, the two particular moisturizers are really good skincare products even for sensitive skin. You won't find yourself breaking out and it keeps break outs at bay!

What conversions do you make in the summer?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.