ethereal pressed powder

Okay, fine. The name doesn't have "Ellie" in it, but when I saw this pressed powder by Kevyn Aucoin that was named "ETHEREAL" I didn't have to think twice before I bought it. I have been on search for a touch up pressed powder for the longest time. I used to use the Benefit Flawless coverup (exact name is blanking out right now) which I loved and used one after the other. But as well as it did the job, it also clogged up my pores a lot. I wanted something light and airy! I also thought of trying out the MAC Skin Finish Mineral powder as well, but somehow this came along and I thought, let's try this!


Their website says:
The Ethereal Pressed powder provides sheer coverage as well as an all over matte-finish, which never appears cakey. Microsphere technology helps to create a silky and fine texture which enables the powder to glide on smoothly and look natural on the skin.

It comes in I believe four shades and I was worried about the shades. I had purchased this online on the Space NK website, but I read the reviews and felt the shade Ep07 would be best for me. It is a light/medium shade with yellow undertone, which is what I am! 



Like the name "ethereal" implies, the whole idea of this pressed powder is that it is light and not "cakey". I do get oily throughout the day and the last thing I'd want is to cake my face with thick powder!


I love it thus far. It gives me such a matte finish and the texture is ever so creamy and soft! You can use this on its own as a foundation or as a touch-up, which is how I use it. The fact that you can use it as a foundation means it has some great coverage, which to me is quite important in touching up. I touch up because my makeup has faded in places and that means my blemishes are showing! AH! So, this is great. 

Advice: make sure you do a good job in cleaning the sponge every now and then so that the oily buildup won't transfer to the clean and silky powder. And just for heads-up, the price was $52.00 sold at several department stores like Barneys or SpaceNK.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.