No Need to Be Afraid of Liquid Eyeliners! Bourjois Liner Feutre Review & Swatch

Liquid eye liners will be the death of me!... is what I used to think, especially when you're in a hurry and you don't have the patience nor the mentality to draw the perfect line. The reason being is that liquid eye liners usually require the perfect curve and everything partly because the line is obvious and any zigzag will be noticeable. The ByTerry liquid eyeliner I blogged about a few months ago was good in that the felt tip was more like an eyeliner brush, allowing facility and efficiency in drawing the line you want.

Recently, after my sister's trip to Paris, she brought back Bourjois' Liner Feutre. She said it was AMAZING in terms of pigmentation. I tried it on and honestly, I was frightened. It was the quintessential liquid eyeliner. However, the amazing thing about it was that it really drew well. Whereas my ByTerry is more like a brush, this was more like a full on marker in the pinpoint of a pen. My ByTerry had some hard time drawing on top of all the pack full of eyeshadows on my eyelid. However, this one (let alone being MUCH CHEAPER) had no problem being full on INTENSE BLACK on top of all my eyeshadows.


After using it, I reclined back to my Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner. But, because of the compact and easiness of just carrying around a pen rather than a pot and brush, I wanted to master using the liquid eyeliner.


You can see that the tip is pretty long. What I do is slant the point all the way down, so that the entirety of the tip can cover about half of my eyelid. That way, half of the drawing in has been done by slanting it, and then carefully drawing it across in that angle. Then for the tip where I usually wing out my eyeliner, I then use the tippy top to get the thinness of the wing I want!

After learning to slant and utilize the angles well, I've been loving this eyeliner much more. You definitely can't achieve a smokey blended eyeliner with this since it's more like an intense marker. But if you want that intense, never budging, won't budge, cannot budge eyeliner... this is definitely a go! And it's cheap, although I'm not too sure about the availability of Bourjois products here.


What are some of your favorite liquid eyeliners and what are some methods you use to overcome the horror of using them? :) xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.