If Snow White Wore Lipsticks! RED LIPS

If Snow White wore lipsticks, she'd probably go for these shades of red. Red lipsticks are classic. It's hard to wear when you're young but as you grow older, you'll find this inner "Sasha" (so Beyonce would call it) or fierceness awakening you to Red Lips craving. According to the look you're going for, you can look any of sexy, lovely, innocent, bold, fierce, and chic! Although I can't rock a pure red lips like some girls can, I try to wear red as much as my visual allows it.

I looked through my lip collection and gathered the Rouge ones, whether they be lip gloss, lip stains, lipsticks, or lip treatments. I've got a mixture of them all!


The newest members are the YSL glossy stain and the Perfékt lip treatment gel. The tricky thing about color is that they seem somewhat similar yet vastly different in subtle way. Yes, I'm aware I used a bunch of paradoxes there but that's what colors are like and also what makes you want to find just the right shade.


They all have different shades of red as well as different content and pigmentation. 1) Guerlain lipstick 2) Perfékt lip treatment 3) Nars lip gloss 4) YSL lip stain. The thickest content is #2. It's a lip treatment gel that hydrates and nourishes the lip while giving it a full on color. You can wear it just as a tint and dap on a bit, or wear it full on. It, to me, is the reddest of the red-- a near "Russian Red" color from MAC. Considering it's a lip treatment/balm it stays on like a stain and has high pigmentation. Also, because it is a lip treatment, it does smell like a pharmaceutical treatment smell (?). The sheer one seem to be #1, the Guerlain Rouge. It's not as pigmented but you definitely get the red going. It's also a rather light red with a tint of coral pink. However, you wouldn't say this was all too sheer since you do get a good color wear from it. The Nars lip gloss in "Mexican Rose" seems to suit me best. The color is surprisingly pink, though on the lips it comes out a red that I thought was almost identical to the YSL glossy stain #10. I started to swatch the two and found them vastly different and ending up swatching all the reds I had! The YSL glossy stain is seriously a stain and lasts forever. It's not the most nourishing and you might need a lip balm (mainly for those who have overly dry lips). But I was looking for a deep vintage red, and this seemed to be the darker of the two three red shades they had from the glossy stain line. This also smells really nice!


Above I have listed the products and shade each one are. I personally love the content of Perfékt, the color of Nars, and the wear of YSL. Guerlain is a classic lipstick that I don't find myself reaching for all too often. It smells amazing though! Perhaps in the winter or fall, I might look for it more. Overall, when swatching, I love how different these reds are!

If Snow White did wear red lipstick, which one do you think would have suited her best? xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.