My Favorite Face Primers

My previous post right before this is about my Summer Essentials, some necessary products I rely on to keep my makeup lasting all day. Of them, the two face primers I mentioned were the Jemma Kidd Skin Rescue Bio-Complex Veil (SPF 15) and the ThisWorks Perfect Look Skin Miracle (Tinted Moisturizer). I didn't get too much into them because it'd have taken forever, so as an ode to the two beautiful discoveries I've made, I've decided to write a separate post of them!

This Works Perfect Look Skin Miracle
Jemma Kidd Pro Skin Rescue Bio-Complex

The first one up is this Jemma Kidd Skin Rescue Bio-Complex Veil that I bought from SpaceNK online. They were having an exclusive 12-hour Flash Sale for only Jemma Kidd products. I've been wanting to try Jemma Kidd products for ever so long, but because they are a UK brand, it's hard to take a hold of here. Of the few things I bought at the 12-hour flash sale, I picked up this amazing sounding face primer that can be built to a foundation wear.
As I've mentioned in my previous post, I've been wanting a primer that not only does the job of prepping and helping the makeup last all day, but also a skincare based product that would ensure that it helps rather than harms my skin. I hate having to sacrifice my skin for a few hours of great looking face, only to come home with breakouts and all that nonsense! I used to use BB creams but they became too heavy for me in the summer.

The packaging is wonderful. It's a sleek black tube that has an efficient pump for usage. They come in I believe two or four shades, separated by a yellow or warm undertone. I got the Nude Y1 which is the yellow base primer. What attracted me to this product was the word "RESCUE"... just what I wanted! It contains vitamins A, C, and E to help boost the skin. It's what they say "revolutionary 'all-in-one' moisturizer, prep, primer, illuminator, and tint. Age-defying botanical complexes and active peptides protect and repair the skin. SPF 15 for added protection." How amazing does that sound?


One pump is plenty and the coverage is sheer at first, but with a tint. I didn't notice actually until I took a picture that within this contained small shimmers to illuminate the skin. I don't know how much I like that part of the product, but it's ever so subtle, it'll only brighten your face I think! So it's not bad at all. The texture is so... smooth and it just glides over your skin.

The product is buildable and can be worn on its own. I think this'd be perfect for times when I just need to go to the store or outside for a bit but need nothing too heavy like a foundation, but won't like to go out in public with blemishes of sorts! 

Once you've blended you could see how natural the look is. You can see the shimmer, but with the naked eye, it's not obvious.

I've done a comparison between two hands, one with and one without. Can you guess which? You can't tell too well, but the right has the shimmer and in person, you can see that there is definitely a smoothness and a subtle tint that shows the benefit of this product!

The next one, well and the last one, up is this tinted moisturizer by another UK brand (I've been obsessed with several UK bloggers... hence...) called Thisworks and it's there "Perfect Look Skin Miracle". One of the beauty people I've seen use this is Lisa Eldridge, and I mean... whatever she touches, I feel the need to go get. Anyway, I thought this'd be a great thing to try. I knew for sure though, before I even tested it, that this would have zit coverage for me. I do have old scars and blemishes that a tinted moisturizer could not cover. 

The content is this brown gold greenish thing that almost smells like coffee! It gives the sheerest amount of tint to your face, perhaps more visible if you had lighter skin. This is "an instant, tinted skin perfecter that hydrates and brightens" and leaves my makeup feeling fresh throughout the day! 



Once you've blended the product into your skin, you get this really subtle glow, almost a really subtle tan. But it's not nearly a tan at all, but it does give that glow. Because this is so moisturizing (and I have combination/oily skin) it sort of sticks the makeup to it, but adds as a screen or a protection between the skincare and makeup. Even though it is hydrating, it doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy one bit! 


 I should have tried them earlier! I remember the summer days of having to constantly touch up. Well, thank goodness I've found them now. Both are non-greasy, oil-free, nourishing primers/ tinted moisturizers that focus not only on being a good primer that it is, but also on "skin". That's all very important to me!

What are some of your favorites?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.