Nars Eyeshadow DUO "Isolde" (SWATCHED w/ Naked Palette from URBAN DECAY)

This is the eyeshadow I featured in my Sephora Haul post and video, the one I said I tried to resist away from but eventually caved to. It is the Nars Eyeshadow Duo called "Isolde". It's this sheeny gold and dark gold duo, and when you swatch it on the back of your hands, you see that the pigmentation and content is just mindblowingly great. With one sweep you get this coat of thick metallic gold, and the two colors complement each other so well. The are so creamy and blendable. 






The reason why I hesitated at first was because it seemed similar to the Urban Decay Naked Palette color "Half-baked", which is their gold eye shadow. It's also the one I apply the most, and I didn't want a repetition. I knew that the darker gold was something I didn't have, but I wanted to make sure that the golds weren't the same as the Naked palette.


Just from the case, the two do look similar. I find that the Half-baked is a bit more shimmery than the Nars one but all in all, both of them are more "metallic" and "wet" than they are "shimmery" or "sparkly".


So here's the swatch of them. The Nars gold is a bit more orange and brown whereas the Half-baked is a true yellow gold. The Isolde is great for the summer to achieve that bronze  metallic eye look. Now that I say that, these colors also remind me of my Estee Lauder Bronze Sands Eye palette! I didn't know I was this obsessed with golds!

Although all three of these colors look HEAVY DUTY, they aren't. They are perhaps more wearable for tan skin because the golds look more of their skin tone than say pale skin. Both the Nars gold and the Half-baked from Urban Decay give me a close to my skin color base for all over my lid. They I apply the dark gold at the outer corners and in my crease areas. Indoors, they look defined and pretty. Outdoors, I get this metallic eye look that I find so flattering!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.