My Essential & Favorite Makeup Brushes

I wanted to upload the video I filmed a few days ago about all of my makeup brush collection, but I just hated the lighting in my room! It always makes my hands look old, burnt, and crinkly (which it obviously is not hehe). And besides, YouTube isn't my forte nor was it my objective anyway, so I shall just write a bloggie blog post instead.

Here's a picture of all the brushes I use. I'm going to write a review for only some of them, the "essentials" that I use almost everyday for my everyday makeup.


Here is the list of my essentials:
  • Real Techniques "Buffing Brush"
  • Real Techniques "Base Shadow" brush
  • Chanel #4 Eyeliner brush
  • Missha (no particular name- but shading brush I'd call it!)
  • Sephora Professional #22 Angled Eyeliner brush


Real Techniques "BUFFING BRUSH"
This a great liquid foundation brush. You simply dap the brush to your foundation, then buff and blend it all over your face. It'll evenly distribute, blend, and leave face with a nice even finish. I find this so much better than the typical foundation brush with a flat shape. It seems to take too long compared to when using a brush bigger like this buffing brush. I like to apply my foundation well, but also quickly! I find Real Techniques brushes to be affordable, efficient, and pretty!



RT Base Shadow Brush
I wish I had more than one of this but I don't think you can purchase this brush alone. It's part of either the core or travel collection, and so I'd have to buy the whole set to get a hold of another one of that! But I use it all the time! I use it to lay the first layer of eyeshadow on my eyelids, and then using it again to blend my crease or what not so that I'm not left with any harsh lines. It does the job perfectly. I don't know how else to explain but that it does its job well!



Chanel #4 Eyeliner Brush
This brush it pretty old, near ten years old! I don't know if it's still the #4 or not, but this brush is perfect for drawing eyeliners, especially with a gel eyeliner (like the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner)! It is so tight and compact that you have full control over how you want to draw your line. You won't be left with dragging skin and missed bumpy lines with this one. Nope, precise yet effective in brush stroking movements as well!



Missha Shading Brush
This one is a cheapy, but I don't remember the exact price. I bought it in Korea, and I don't know too much about the availability here in the US. This brush is perfect in shading in the darker eyeshadows around the outer corners of my eyes and blending it into the "V" shape. It has just the right amount of control for me to work with a darker color without having it too massive or small. Also, I don't ever have a problem with specks of eyeshadow pigments falling of this brush. It draws on without any mess!



Sephora Professional #22 Angled Eyeliner Brush
Another favorite eyeliner brush I have! This time, it's an angled one, which some people prefer. It is easier I guess in drawing your eyeliner. I find this works really well especially when you want to create a fast and easy winged eyeliner. It's super soft and it draws on with ease!



You'll see that these are just my essentials. I haven't included a separate "favorites" blush brush because I have quite a few of them that do the job fairly equally. So, these brushes aren't the only kinds of makeup I wear on a daily basis, but simply my favorite ones in general! 

What are some of your favorite brushes?

2 comments:

  1. you HAVE to try the expert face brush. it's more dense than the buffing brush and i like it even better than the buffing brush! it's a god-send brush for liquid/cream makeup :)

    it's sold individually and ulta is currently having a buy one get one half off sale for RT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have you seen any of my recent posts? :) I've named the Expert Face Brush as my newfound favorite. I've been using that very brush ever since I bought it! glad you love it too :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.