MAC Studio Fix NC35⎪Review!

School is definitely stressing me out! I have been breaking out quite badly and of course, the first step in dealing with that is to focus on skincare. But the problem is I come home just to sleep and the rest of the day is spent out. For immediate solution to the breakouts, I've been looking for something with better coverage for touch-ups. I've hit pan on my Kevyn Aucoin "Ethereal Powder". Although I've enjoyed using the product, after I've found this goodie, I think it surpasses Kevyn Aucoin!


What I love most about this is the color match. I just picked from what I thought would match it, swatching it on a part of my cheeks at the MAC store. But when I came home, I was so impressed with how perfect this shade fit my skin! The Kevyn Aucoin ethereal powders didn't come in too many shades, and though I fall into the light-medium range, I was using the second lightest shade from their available shades, and even that was a bit dark! This is just perfect. I'm using NC35, good for light-medium yellow-undertone skin.


Another thing I like about this is the coverage, of course, since that's what I was focusing on. It can be used as a foundation on its own or as a setting makeup, or for touchup. I find that it is perfect for all three. As I said before, because of my breakouts, I use this for a finishing and touching-up makeup. The girl at the MAC store recommended I use it with a brush instead of the sponge that comes with it. I find it gives a airbrush effect and it does not look heavy at all. Of course, your skin is overall matte and it doesn't look "natural, no make-up" look, but considering the great coverage, it is light and airbrushed. 


 I try to avoid the sponge that it comes with. Like the girl at MAC mentioned, it becomes rather unsanitary and it can clog up pores. Also, if you use that for touch-ups and you have an oily skin, it might get... well, ugly. So using a brush it the best I think.

If you're looking for a nice covering finish/touchup/ high-coverage foundation, try the MAC studio fix. They have great shades as well :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.