NOTD Essie "Topless & Barefoot"

I am going to introduce to you one of the prettiest nudes you'll ever encounter. It is the all-famous "Topless & Barefoot" nail polish from Essie. I bought this on Amazon, trusting the reviews and the beauty bloggers who've raved about this pretty nude, beige, pink color. I said, why not? And bought it. When I got it in the mail, I didn't think it looked like much in the bottle. But then...


I applied it and thought, darn this is a pretty color! I keep looking down at my nails, and I'm not even sure these pictures do justice. It really gives you a "topless and barefoot" effect. It's nude, but then it's beige-pink that gives you a clean, polished, and feminine color. I've mentioned that some of my favorite nudes are the ones like Dior's Safari Beige or Butter's "Tea with the Queen". This, I have to say, is up there with them!


I applied the Sally Hansen Double Duty as a base coat, then applied two layers of this nail polish. I'm sure this happens to a lot of people when applying nail polish, but since I'm a righty, I apply my left hand fairly well. But then, I get to painting the nails on my right hand, and it's just a mess! So, I had to apply three coats on my right hand. If you paint nails well, I'm sure two coats would be fine. But three, it's more definite. Then I applied the Double Duty again as a top coat. It does take quite some time to dry, which Essie polishes are known for. In a post that will follow this, I want to introduce to you the Sephora "Instant Nail Polish Remover" that does wonders. But that being said, if ever a mistake, it's just gotten a lot easier to fix it up!


How pretty is this color anyhow? Just go out and buy it, that's what I say!

Do you guys have any other nude polishes that you swear by? xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.