NARS sampler by Sephora

I bought a few items from Sephora recently, as mentioned in this post. I was also able to add a few bonuses to the basket using all my points. One of the bonuses I chose was this NARS sampler, which is one of the best free/point service products Sephora provides (in my opinion). I was way too excited when I saw this offer, and after I added to the basket, it was quickly sold out and unavailable!


It comes in this really cute pouch. Inside was four of their products: Orgasm blush, pore primer, eye primer, and a lipgloss.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I don't own too many NARS blushes and so I was super excited about trying the famous orgasm blush. I've tried their SuperOrgasm before, but never the original. It comes in the size of a single eyeshadow packaging. I'm sure I don't need to go into too much detail since I think everyone has tried it once in their lives (all besides me!) But it's this really shimmery orange/coral/peach. When applied to my cheeks, it seems quite similar to the Benefit "Coralista" blush. It's truly shimmery, and I doubt you need to apply a highlighter with this over your cheeks. I think it'd look prettier in the summer indeed.


NARS primers are also quite famous aren't they? I've been using their face primer for quite some time now and though I try to avoid primers for the sake of skin, I do think it helps keep my makeup on longer than it would otherwise! (Although I still love my This Works Perfect Skin Look Miracle primer). It also has the eye primer in the pouch that I have yet to try, but I hear great things about it (although eye makeup stays on all day for me even without eye primers)!.


Besides the blush sample, I love this lip gloss. It's the shade "New Lover" and it looks really... pretty! You know how sometimes you get ugly shades for samples and such. This NARS pouch was amazing in that they had colors most people could wear and love! It is this frosty pink that looks super natural on the lips, with of course a gloss that probably isn't too natural, obviously but still. If you didn't know, I am not a lip gloss person at all. I hate stickiness and just everything about it is bothersome sometimes. There are only a few lip glosses I actually wear (like the Chantecaille's Brilliant Gloss), but seriously this is up there in terms of "wearability" and it really is a pretty color!

I wish Sephora would offer more of these for the points we collect. I'd save them all the time then. I had gotten another sampler for Laura Mercier as well. That will be coming up soon! xx

3 comments:

  1. what are your thoughts on the pigmentation, quality, performance, and lasting power of the blush? does it live up to the hype?

    http://ariemacherie.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quality is really nice, very pigmented as well. It works as both a blush and a highlighter it seems. It also seems to last quite long, so great lasting-power. The color would look great in the summer. However, as of right now, I don't seem to reach out for it all that much. So personally, I don't know if I'd go buy the original size just because the color to me (maybe it's the season) doesn't look that flattering (just yet).

      Delete
  2. I can not tell you how much i love Nars blushes!<# have fun with your goodies!
    http://ciaobellalov3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.