I ♥♥♥ Catbird NYC

Catbird NYC is a jewelry/ beauty/ accessory boutique store situated in Brooklyn. I've been eyeing this store for the longest time, hoping one day I'd save enough to get something from here. I mean, every NYC/Brooklyn girl needs at least one piece from Catbird, don't they? I have since been obsessed with all of their dainty rings, most famously for their stacking and knuckle rings.

I thought I'd finally take a day off the weekend and from studying to take a look at the pieces I've been dying to have! I wanted to order some of them online but then I realized there was no free shipping. Besides, I wanted to be sure of my ring size as well. On the way, I thought I'd pick up a nice little gift for my sister as well, for her birthday (sweet sister, I know)!

Inside the famous Catbird NYC store 11/17

I went with my best friend to this bustling area of Brooklyn. It's absolutely full of life! And the great thing about this area is that there was actually places to park. You'll know quite readily how hard that is in the city... Anyway, I loved just walking the streets and looking at so many lovely boutiques and bookstores, cafes and restaurants. We even were stopped by a street fashion photographer who asked us if he could take pictures of our outfits! He then asked us to pose (which was awkward I must say!) and after, he gave us his business card to check his website because it'll soon be posted. If it does come up and I think it's decent enough I'll post it here :)

Anyway, not to digress all too much... What I really wanted to say was that we weren't prepared enough! All we had with us were our iPhones and therefore, the quality of these pictures (of the store) won't be too great. I also wanted to capture the bustling streets and the general atmosphere, but again... iPhones do have a limit!

Outside the street window are displays of their beautiful dainty rings!




The store is quite small, but my my... how busy it was! I don't think the door remained shut for more than say 30 seconds! So many people came in and swooned over the jewelries and I have to say, I'm right there with y'all :)

Now, I picked up three pieces. Two were for my sister's birthday present, and one was for me! The one I picked up for myself is this all too dainty, all too beautiful "Dark Side of the Moon" ring. I originally wanted the size 5 to put on my right ring finger, but unfortunately, that size was sold out! So instead, I got a 5.5 and put it on my middle finger. I've been wanting this so... much and now that I have it on, I seriously can't stop looking down at my hands! It's a thin gold band with a slightly angled moon, studded with jewels within. Under light, this thing sparkles so prettily! 




Do tell me this is gorgeous. I mean, if I could, I'd pick up all the rings in that store. This is my first Catbird, but no doubt, I'm going to be building a collection!

Next are the two products I got for my dear sister, who loves (like anybody would) luxurious and quality products. I picked up this Rodin lip balm, and I've always wanted to try Rodin. It's, I believe, an Italian brand (do correct me if I'm wrong) and they are known for delivering what you pay for. The packaging is to die for. It's in this sleek case and ugh! Just too nice, and perfect to put into your handbag!



Next is this necklace called Katie Diamond "Astrid Necklace" in Turquoise. I originally thought of getting her black so that she could wear with all outfits, but in person, the turquoise stood out more and therefore was more flattering. The length of the gold chain is 18 inches and falls perfectly!

Catbird's staff were really helpful. They gift-wrapped the two products free of price. I got them into a really cute Catbird shopping bag. (I wore my ring out :)) Thankfully, when I gave my sister her presents, she really loved them. Now, she's obsessed with Catbird herself!


 

So, this was my amazing shopping experience at Catbird! I loved every single piece (they sell candles, lip balms, body oils, rings, earrings, necklaces, miscellany jewelries, etc.,). Online, they are having exclusive gift sets on sale (unfortunately unavailable in store). If ever around NY, do take a look at the store. They are amazing, and rightfully famous.



3 comments:

  1. Such a cute post! I LOVE Catbird jewelry, I definitely need to make a stop there next time I am in NY!

    xoxo
    Cassidy

    http://norebeccaforayear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. the jewelry is so pretty! Can I ask how thin is the ringband on the moon ring that you purchased? just curious if its less than 1mm or if its right at 1 mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in all honesty.. I have no idea. I just checked their website again to see if they had the details and I don't see it. It is very thin indeed, more than I expected it to be. Yet, to me, it doesn't seem to be less than 1mm but rather more exactly 1mm? How vague and imprecise my language was, but sorry, that's the best I can do! :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.