NOTD "It's Celestial Glory!"

Today's post will be magical, full of celestial beauty! I've combined Butter's "Royal Navy" with Deborah Lippman's "Cleopatra in New York". I've also tried a combo with Essie's "Bahama Mama" and again, the Deborah Lippman's "Cleopatra in NY". I must have been the moon ring I bought at Catbird last week that has inspired me to do this nail design :)


This dress completely states the "celestial" inspiration I'm talking about! Do you see the resemblance? :) If not, oh well! But I love the midnight sky, the way stars glitter contrasting on a dark background!




Butter's "Royal Navy" is seriously the most gorgeous midnight, royal blue. In person, it's so deep dark blue that it looks almost black sometimes. Yet, with flash you can see the midnight blue that becomes the perfect background for stars and moon! The Deborah Lippman's "Cleopatra in NY" is a black polish with gold specks inside (of course, not real gold). It's so beautiful. It really looks like gold scrap mixed in, and the combination of black and gold is phenomenal.


Because Deborah Lippman's glitter polishes are extremely... I mean, extremely hard to take off, I decided to only put one thin layer on, on only a few select fingers. With a really dark base, it works beautifully.



Honestly, in pictures the Bahama Mama with Cleopatra looks prettier, but the pictures aren't doing the "Royal Navy" justice! Although, I have to say, this gold speck works good with all dark nail polishes. And I love accenting only one or two fingers. For the Royal Navy, I have two fingers with gold specks, and for Bahama Mama, only the ring fingers. I am tempted to brush this on every nail, but I am resisting. I think less is more with the Deborah Lippman glitters. I'm just in love with this combo :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.