Makeup Tools⎪BeautyBlender Review


There are some products you put away because it doesn't work out the first time, but then for some reason you pick it up again and find that it works miraculously! That was the case with this small makeup applicator - the famous BeautyBlender.
I'll tell you why I love this thing, what I don't like about it, and how I use it to make it work for me.



How to Use: It's pretty simple. When you first buy it, it is literally one third the size of what you see in these pictures. You kind of pump it under running water, and it expands. After that, you can squeeze the excess water and then go straight to applying makeup.

How to Cleanse: This is where I found it so hard to keep using this the first time around. I felt like it was so hard to completely wash this clean because it kept soaking up the soap and foaming up more and more. But with the Dr. Bronner's cleansers, I just rub and pump until I find that the visible signs of makeup are gone. It might take more than a single rinse to get all the soap out. It takes me about five pumps and squeezes to make sure that all the cleansing foam is removed. (Beauty blender do their own cleansers, but I find that what you use for makeup brushes also works well with this sponge)

What I love about it:
  • Great when applying heavy coverage foundations, something like my all-time favorite Estee Lauder Maximum Cover Foundation 
  • When using foundations that are high in coverage with a more matte/velvet finish, this applicator makes your skin look more bouncy so you don't look too dry
  • You know how annoying it is to wait for your brushes to dry after cleansing? Well, I love that you're supposed to use this damp so right after you cleanse it, you can go straight into applying makeup with it! 

What I don't like so much about this:
  • Not a lot, I have to say. But I do find that I use a bit more product than I would if I used a brush. 
  • I don't recommend using this with really watery foundations, but that's just my preference.
  • Not the best kind of shape to place it anywhere on your vanity. I find it rolling around everywhere. 
  • The pink coloring still comes out every time I cleanse.
This is definitely coming out in my January favorites! 




1 comment:

  1. I am totally with you on washing it right away and using it. I looove it. Mine eventually stopped bleeding color after a while. I prefer to clean it with hard soap and it does seem to work better than anything I have used.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.