Recovering Skin from Holiday Madness⎪Facial Masks


We are two days into 2015. I spent the holiday season with family and friends, and there was not a day when I didn't wear makeup. And then, there was the food. My holidays were spent eating, eating, and eating some more. Not only did I put on some holiday weight, but I also neglected my skin a little bit. So last night, I took the time to put on some clarifying mask and bring my skin life again.


To be honest, I haven't been using a lot of facial masks. That's because my skincare has been doing a good enough job in keeping the acne at bay. But there are those unavoidable times when the skin really needs that extra help. I've brought out my current favorite masks.

An oldie but goodie is the Origins Clear Improvement Active charcoal mask to clear pores. It is one of those intensive oil-pulling masks that tighten your skin and begs for moisture after you wash the mask off. The great thing is that it really helps clear the pores, but I prefer to use this on days when I know I can keep using it for more than just once a week. Why? Because sometimes, very rarely though, the intensive oil-pulling can cause some pores to turn into pimples if you don't take care of it. It's not that often, but there are times when I don't want the intensive detox for fear that it'll instigate for acne trouble. But the good thing is, if you keep us with it, it'll die them down and turn your skin into a really clear one!

So, for times when I don't want to much detoxing to go on and I just want the entirety of my skin to look better and clearer as a whole, I like to use the GlamGlow ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment. This isn't necessarily to clarify the skin, but I often find that injecting hydration into the skin leaves the skin feeling much more healthier and softer-- and therefore generally clearer and better! This mask has got to be the best out of the GlamGlow masks. I love that you can leave it on for hours on end, and you can either rinse it off, massage it in, or wipe it off. I prefer to rinse it off, but in flights, I'd probably leave it on during the whole flight! It smells of coconuts and it really is a easy effective mask to use because you don't have to rinse it off after ten minutes. #lazygirl

Another easy facial mask is the Dr.Jart+ Pore Medic Pore Purifying Mask. This is serum-infused to tighten and tone the face. When I think of detoxing and clearing out the pores, I don't usually think sheet masks will help. But I was wrong with this. It doesn't suck out the oil out of your face, but it does the clearing and tightening the face thing. You wake up with a more ready set face. How it clears the face is by reducing the excess oil without overdrying, and that's a good thing.

Finally, another soft detox mask is one from ISOI. It is again from their "1st class Bulgarian Rose" line and it is called Oil-Control Pink Pack. I love slathering a thick layer of this on my face. Unlike the Origins detox mask, this ISOI mask is a milder kind. I know I can use this without any concerns that it'll overdry or instigate the undersurface pores to turn into pimples. It truly helps the excess of oil the next day without feeling that your skin is too dry. The consistency feels like Dr. Sebagh's Breakout Powder and Cream and in some sense it does a similar job.

Last night, I actually used the ISOI Oil-Control Pink Pack and this morning, I am feeling all energized and clear and my skin is feeling great! I am slowly recovering from all that holiday eating.

How are you recovering from the Holiday season?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.