Loving Drugstore #1

Can you tell I'm into numbering my blogposts? They seem organized that way. I've been numbering my collection videos, my routine videos, and who knows what else!


This is my first (no wait, second) Drugstore faves post. I hardly ever feature any drugstore products into any of my blogposts or favorites because honestly, I'm not a fan of drugstore products. No prejudice. Simply because I have failed to find some of them even worth $5. I had come to the conclusion that I'd rather save the $5 and buy one really good luxury item. I have had many trials and errors with drugstore products, so much that I almost gave up on spending anything at these places at all!

But recently, I have found that I am enjoying quite a few of them. Most (all) of the ones I'm going to be talking about are ones that have been frequently raved about in the beauty blog world. These are products that I have tested out for months before I could make my mind up about them.

Unlike most beauty bloggers, I don't like to hoard all the colors in a particular line of products. Again, just because it's cheap doesn't mean that when you reach the cash register, it won't come out to be a lot. I've seen $$$ being spent at CVS and let me just say, it really isn't hard to spend that much at drugstore. That being said, I don't like to hoard a lot of drugstore products. Not only do I find the packaging not particularly attractive for my collection, but I find it is again potentially a waste.

So whew, that being said, here are some of my favorites. [In no particular order]

1. Revlon Lip Butters

This is talked about. A lot. By almost everyone. Honestly, it took me awhile to figure out why. I bought this during the transition from fall to winter, when my lips were chappy. I found that this sunk into the creases of my lips and did not help repair the lips at all. I remember how people said that this was super moisturizing, but to me at the time, it felt like it only "felt" moisturizing but it didn't actually "moisturIZE". (I was a linguistics major so if you get my grammatical point there, yay!). Anyway, so I had put it off for awhile.
But recently, with the hot weather and the less chappy lips, I found that I actually really like this stuff. I still think that once your lips are chapped, this is a no-no. But, if you do have an already moisturized lips, this could help MAINTAIN that moisture.


I also liked the finish of it. It almost looks glossy, and so there's no need for a lip gloss (not that I even wear lip glosses). Also, if you consistently apply it throughout the day, then I found it does have lasting power and even tints the lips.

Left: Sweet Tart; Right: Tutti Frutti
The shades I have are "Tutti Frutti" which is an orange shade. This is such a flattering color for the summer when you have a bronzing summer makeup on (should I do a makeup look post/video with this? tell me down below). I have been wearing this a lot.
The other shade is "Sweet Tart" which is a pretty pink shade. Not too blue-toned, not too pale, not too red, not too pastel. It's just... pink. And it's pretty, and so it just gives a natural neutral pink lips when applied. Again, the finish is quite lovely!

2.  Maybelline Color Tattoo- "Bad to the Bronze"

Need I say more about this line of products? People go on and on about them. I only have one though and it's the shade Bad to the Bronze which, as the name suggests, is a bronze gold color. It is a really pigmented and creamy eyeshadow that you could hardly say is anything of "cheap". It feels luxurious and the color is stunning on the eyes. They have a whole line of colors, but I have yet to find enough temptation to get anything more than this.
I find I gravitate towards this on days when I am lazy with even an eyeliner and I just want some kind of definition on my eyes, quick and easy. This does the job, and it's great. Packaging is also glass so it feels pretty nice, I have to say.
The rest of the review I previously wrote can be read here.

2. Maybelline Under-Eye CONCEALERS

Okay, so I have recently fallen in love with under-eye concealers. They make all the difference in the world. And although I don't have any prominent dark circles, I do find that putting a concealer that is 2 shades lighter than your foundation can brighten up the face so much.

My all time favorite under-eye concealer has been the Burberry Sheer Glow concealer but so sadly, it's currently lost. So, I had to resort to the only other under-eye concealer I had, which was the Maybelline DreamLumi (Touch Higlighting Concealer) and though at first I kept comparing it to the long-lasting, dewy Burberry concealer, I grew to love this Maybelline one as well. I bought it in the lightest "highlighting" shade and I love it. It's definitely a salmon-pink color that will contrast any blue under the eye.
Left: DreamLumi, Right: Instant Age Rewind
Then, recently I had to run to the drugstore to pick up a concealer because I was starting to look dull that day and I had no touch-ups in my bag. So, I decided to try something new and I picked up the Maybelline New Instant Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles. I instantly fell in love with this because I had applied it to an already flaking makeup and this did not stick to any flaked skin or makeup! It's seem more lighter and powdery than the DreamLumi concealer so it does not crease. I am definitely going to carry this in my bag! The shade is again in the lightest shade "fair". It doesn't have as much salmon shade as the other Maybelline concealer, but it does the job beautifully!

If I had to choose between the two to repurchase, I honestly don't know what I'd pick!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.