CHANEL Stylo Eyeshadow, Summer Collection 2013

Moon River + Pink Lagoon
Chanel almost feels like a hype. Sometimes they seem overpriced. But then again, you buy a Chanel beauty product and once it gets into your hands, somehow you feel a bit honored by its presence. I'm sure I'm not the only one when it comes to Chanel products. They just make you feel good, and sometimes everything about them is simply LUX. 

Moon River
My most recent Chanel purchase is this Summer Collection 2013 eyeshadow "stylo". A long stick of eyeshadow that comes in about five colors (or more?). I picked up the shades "Moon River" and "Pink Lagoon". The shade "Moon River" is great because I think it would suit all occasions. I swatched it at the Chanel counter and instantly I was head over heels for it. 

Rolled it all the way to the end. You can see how much product you're given (personally don't think it's that much!)

It glides over the skin. The shine is intense, truly pigmented, and wet. It has sparkles similar to the Tom Ford Enchanted eye palette/shadows and a wet effect similar to Estee Lauder's gelee formulas! I love that it's so handy because it comes in a stick. 


The color Moon River is a silver brown/ gray-gold (somehow I can't point an exact finger on it!) that actually blends with my skin color. I find that because there is so much depth to this shadow, I don't even need to "contour" my eyes with darker or lighter eyeshadows. All I need is just this. All over my eyelid, and it catches the light in such a way that makes my eyes look deeper and well... prettier :)

$34 LIMITED EDITION
Again, it is insanely intense. The five or more shades are all awesome as well. Some are too vibrant for everyday makeup, but looks just as enticing.

Without Flash

The color Pink Lagoon is a beautiful vibrant pink that gives the perfect pop of color to the eyelids. The color is so long-lasting! There are some eyeshadows that fade overtime and sometimes pinks end up looking purple and whatnot. But I found that this pink stays vibrant pink all day!

Again, it is so intense and it will gleam all over your eyes throughout the day! The pink is so pretty and flirty. I think it looks really pretty when girls have that perfect shade of pink and it shows every time they blink. Also, I find that this pink shade doesn't make you look "high-school" or "swollen-eye'd" as some pink tones can make one look.



The only conflict I have with it is that when I swatched it, I felt it easily blended itself out and with water, it washed away pretty quickly. But since my eyes don't crease or fade easily anyway, I'd be okay. But then my sister said that this eyeshadow was really long-lasting because it just stayed on the whole day without budging! Then I tried it again the next day, and it really did not budge this time around. So, I don't have a sure note on that (in terms of whether it is really long-lasting or not). 

What's really cool about this is that when you apply it, it feels like you are putting something wet on your skin! It's really "cooling" and wet and I love it that I can just pop this all over, put on eyeliner, and I'm done! The color is so amazing. Do know that the shine/shimmer is prime and so you're not going to go for the "natural/ no-makeup" look with this at all! :)

Love the name "Moon River" and "Pink Lagoon". The names represents the colors so well! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.