BEAUTY HAUL • skincare, makeup, haircare, and nails!





I waited about a month for all these products to finally come in the mail! But now, since they are all here I thought it was about time to please your eyes with these beauty goodies. I did film a Beauty Haul video but (personal note begins here...) I am hesitant about continuing my Youtube channel. If you are a subscriber, I think you could still see the video but I may close my account soon... still thinking about it.

But as for blogging, I really enjoy it so I'm definitely continuing this! So, on that long note, I wanted to share with you the products I've recently bought. I'm going to post a more detailed review of each of these product when I get the time, but I've swatched some of them for your viewing pleasures haha :)

High-End Makeup 

My most exciting purchase was the YSL rouge volupté shine lipsticks. Guys, I'm still new to YSL lipsticks, and little did I know about their different lipstick ranges. But recently, I've become so intrigued by their line and I really wanted to know what was best for me. Because I am someone who loves bold colors but finds so little time to wear them, I wanted something with medium pigmentation that has a slightly sheer finish so it wouldn't be too off-setting when I wear them around. So, YSL has their "rouge volupté sheer candy" and their normal "rouge volupté" and then, the "rouge volupté shine". Their "sheer candy" line was something I was most interested in, but found that they really are super duper sheer. So much that I found it pointless to even get them. The regular "rouge volupté" is a richly pigmented lipstick. It is very creamy and moisturizing, but it also pretty dense.

The "sheer" version of that is the ones I got in the number 19  and 14. No. 19 is my current obsession. You know I have a thing for purple lipsticks. The fuchsia lipstick from the YSL matte line looked a bit too cherry and not purple enough. But the rouge volupté shine no.19 is that beautiful true purple shade that I was looking for! It seriously looks so flattering. What I love about these lipsticks are that even if the colors are bold, you can wear them without fear that they are too in your face. They are subtle but rich at the same time. And goodness, they are also super moisturizing, and the color stay? Amazing.

No. 14 is a coral-pink shade. One can't have too many of these right? Beautiful, and always out of stock, I finally got my hands on these. Just a good fresh pop o' color, you know?

I also picked up the NARS Creamy Radiant concealer in the shade vanilla. I wanted "custard" but the lady at the Nars counter insisted I get "vanilla" which is a lighter shade than "custard". I caved and got the "vanilla" soon finding that the color "custard" actually may be the better match! HUMPH. But in terms of formulation, it is pretty amazing. I am in love with the Collection 2000 concealers, and thank goodness I now found Nars because it's a perfect replacement, I must say!


DRUGSTORE Makeup:
From the drugstore, I picked up two makeup bits and two haircare bits. For makeup, I got one L'Oreal MagicLumi under eye concealer shade 862, and a L'Oreal Telescopic Liquid Eyeliner in black.

HAIR CARE:
For hair, I got my forever-repurchase L'Oreal Damage Repair Erase Balm (read it here), and It's a 10 miracle-leave-in hair product. It's a new one, but I'm hoping I'll love it!


SKINCARE.
You know I love Mario Badescu so when the opportunity comes, I'l stock up on what I love. I got my favorite toner Cucumber Cleansing Lotion and a new toner I wanted to try, Glycolic Acid Toner. Then I got the Dry Cream I love so much and the Enzyme Revitalizing Mask that seems like a good everyday mask. I also got a good well-rounded moisturizer called Buttermilk Moisturizer and I also got a newbie, Hylauronic Emulsion w/ Vitamin C which sounded like my two favorite skincare ingredients merged into one!


NAILS.

Ok, so I went a little cray you know? I do have a lot of nail polishes, but I wasn't feeling any of them. I splurged on some Topshop nail polishes. They have such cute packaging. The shades I got:
left to right: fly trap venus, carnival, mannequin, threadbare, tidal, rainy day, varsity, parma violet 




2 comments:

  1. Such an awesome haul! I would love to add a coral addition to my ysl collection and it looks like you've got the whole MB line there! I'd love to try the cream and the toner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any YSL lipsticks you want to recommend? :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.