REVIEW. Josie Maran Argan Love Your Lips Hydrating Lipsticks




I would sometimes dwindle around the Josie Maran counters at Sephora but nothing had really triggered me for some reason. That was, until the past few months when I tried out their Argan Love your Lips Hydrating Lipsticks. I, both fortunately and unfortunately, work next to a Sephora and that means popping into that store every chance I get. It must have been both the professional setting and the dry office air that made me want to pick these lipsticks up, because soon, I found myself picking out two of these lipstick shades. One in "Happy Honey" and the other in "Playful Pink". Quite the simple names I must say!

I originally wanted to go for only the nude, but I found that the pink was also a very nice everyday kind of pink. Pricing at $22, I was spilt between whether these sheer lipsticks were worth it or whether they were a bit too sheer and high maintanence. They felt really hydrating, and the color was really nice, but they were really quite sheer. You have to rub these against your lips for a good five or more times to get color on your lips. But when you did, the color was quite sheer and it just gave you a nice flush of the color of the lipstick. Sometimes, you need that sheer shade for places you don't want to make obvious something is on your lips!

The color of the lipstick is surrounded by the signature Josie Maran argan oil balm. It hydrates your lips all over, and it really does feel great. However, what I did find was that, perhaps because it was argan oil based, the oil did evaporate very quickly leaving with just the color on the lips and less of that shine you first get when you apply it on. If you love lip tints, this one is for you.

I did find that I had to reapply it a bit often because one, I found that I liked that creaminess of the argan balm on my lips, and two, because I found that I am more of a definite color lipstick-gal than a sheer-tint-of-color kind of gal.


I can't say these lipsticks are my fave yet, but if you do love a balmy lipstick with a tint of pretty colors for an everyday kind of thing, you might love this. It really is hydrating, and I'd imagine makeup beginners or the not-so-huge makeup wearers would enjoy these very much. I especially love the "Happy Honey" shade since I find it to be such a nice nude shade.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.