Favorite Summer Fragrances




It's finally reached 90º here in NY. I still have to install the A/C in my room, because it really is starting steaming up. But what better way to liven up the steam with some fresh fragrances to open up a field of flowers before you?

I've picked out my favorite summer scents, ones that will freshen you up and even the people around you. Of them, my all-time favorite summer scent has got to be the Jo Malone "Lemon Tart". Hands down the best. It is really a sharp note of lemon, but mixed with a kind of sweetness that makes it so delicious, fresh, feminine, and unique.

Another Jo Malone summer-best is the "Blackberry and Bay" scent. Something about this makes it the perfect beach fragrance. It has that salty beach-like scent to it but it isn't too muddled with a strong heavy scent. Rather, it is just really fresh and just another really unique scent.

A brand that does wonders with all things fresh is of course Fresh itself. Goodness, their "Hesperides Grapefruit" is seriously the best most abundant smelling grapefruit scent on the market. I've smelt quite a lot of grapefruit scents, but nothing comes as lovely and feminine and truly well rounded as this one. It is perfect for the gals, a truly feminine scent. I often find grapefruit to smell quite masculine, but this particular one really does wonders in creating that well-bodied fresh sweet succulent feminine grapefruit scent!

Diptyque is and will always be my favorite fragrance brand. I think this brand, along with Byredo Parfums is one of a very few brands that still brings out fragrance after fragrance that really develops by the division of notes. I feel other fragrance brands, even though they talk about having certain many notes in their fragrances, the products themselves don't really live up to the descriptions. They rarely develop, and are quite one-dimensional. But the two brands I mentioned, they really score perfect when it comes to dimension in perfumes. You can watch more of my perfume analysis here. (I will leave the video down below as well)

I recently used up all of Byredo Parfums "Pulp", so I haven't got that to show you, but that is another great summer fruit basket scent. From Diptyque I picked "Oyedo" and "Ofresia". "Oyedo" is a fruit basket, but a really sweet kind. It is on the heavier side, but that it because there are just so many different notes of fruits and flowers. I would consider this a citrus scent. It is exploding with notes of fruits so much that you just smell delicious all day long. Again, I see this as a very feminine scent. And people always come up to me telling me they love what I'm wearing.

Lastly, "Ofresia" is an entirely floral based scent. I know most of what I picked were fruit-based, but "Ofresia" is smells of freesia and other floral notes. It is so light and airy, and so lady-like. I call this my "professional" scent -- one where I wear to professional events where I don't want to make a statement but I want to smell prim and proper, feminine and fresh.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.