Eau Duelle



A woman should seek that one fragrance that represents something about her, that something she wishes to imprint on others who will remember her for that scent. Find what best describes you, instead of following a trend or a popular scent. It's about you. Eau Duelle is that scent for me, what's yours?



Eau Duelle encompasses everything I want to be, everything I want to express about myself, and the impression I want to leave on people who meet me. That's a lot for a scent, but it is my favorite scent and true expression of myself. A few words that encompasses the scent: womanly, sophisticated, elegant, peppery, sweet and soft. 

Diptyque has been my ever-so-loved fragrance brand for years now, and it's still pretty much the same. I do want to talk about their candles in a different post/video, but long story short, I don't like them as much as I do their eau de toilette, colognes, and perfums!

But what recently got me completely head-over-heels, is their body lotion in the one scent that I truly will forever love. I remember doing a whole series of perfume collection videos, and somebody asked in the comment section, whether I thought the splurge on a matching Diptyque body lotion was worth it.

I take back my answer. I told the commenter that I didn't think it was worth it. I never actually had any of their body lotions, but I did try them in store- and I was disappointed with how little scent I could smell from their lotion. Little did I know it is probably because the ladies working there didn't take care of their testers!

Recently on hautelook (dangerous website, I tell you!) I decided to get the Diptyque Eau Duelle body lotion. I loved the idea of it on my top shelf, but I didn't think it'd be the perfect combo for my fragrance.


First opening of the bottle (untwisting it on the top), the waft of that beautiful sophisticated vanilla scent caught my attention. Then, lathering up my hands with this godly stuff was just amazing.

I go to bed in this delight, and I feel as though I've whipped up my body in angel's cream. I love the scent, combined with how nourishing and rich the cream is, without any hint of greasiness -- makes me think, I'd buy this thing all over again. Again and again! And of course, it helps the eau de toilette last longer. More than anything, it delights me with every waft my movement makes! Whether it delights others, well that's another thing ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.