Charlotte Tilbury Makeup Part #2. Colour Chameleon Eyeshadow Pencil

Before further ado, Charlotte Tilbury makeup is now available to the US. So damn exciting! This product can be found here: http://www.charlottetilbury.com/colour-chameleon-smoky-emerald.html

image from their website!




I bought this Colour Chameleon Eyeshadow Pencil back in December when I was in London. Since then, I thought long and hard about how to wear this and actually look good. It's not a new kind of beauty product. It's one of the eyeshadow chubby pencils that are creamy and glides over the lid. You get an instantly smokey look by smudging it after gliding it on the lids. I'm assuming for those with really deep sockets, this could be the best thing ever. Just rub it carelessly, take a buffing brush (something like MAC 217) and smoke it out. But for the less socketed people (me), you could end looking a bit goth if you spread this out too much.

w/ flash
under intense light
without flash
The color I chose was the shade "Smokey Emerald". It was gorgeous, and I have a thing for green eye makeup. It was the first thing I picked up, and after swatching it, I knew it was something I was going to get.


Totally smooth, creamy, and the color? INTENSITY. A dark emerald green with golden specks, that are super deep. It looks two-dimensional. I absolutely love the shade. And once you smudge it, it won't budge.

So, how do I wear this? I haven't been brave enough to rub it intensely all over my lid. But I have attempted to just dab it right above my eyelash line and smudge it upward from there. You can see the slight green when I open my eyes in the picture below:


It's 19 pounds, so around 30-40 dollars in the US? Not bad, considering how expensive luxe brands are! And Charlotte Tilbury's entire range is uber luxe and I feel so stylish when I use her makeup!

4 comments:

  1. I just wish shipping wasn't $25. Hoping net-a-porter will follow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it really? I thought they at least had free shipping after spending a certain amount. Anyway, hoping the same!

      Delete
  2. This looks and seems like a beautiful high end eye crayon! I'm sure it'd make a great base but with such a fantastic color I'd wear it on the upper lid heavily and smoke it out just like the photo from their site! Looks great on your eyes! I love smokey olive greens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally wish I could pull off that intense all over the lid smokey look! haha

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.