Brand Discovery: 3 Concept Eyes, Lip Lacquers Review




Left to right: bumble gum, pink boom, bon bon, xxorange, fever

Another Korean brand coming your way. This time: 3 Concept Eyes (briefly, 3CE). This was a totally new brand for me, so I was excited to try them out the minute I got them. The colors looked amazing, and the model made it look super fun. I went for their lip lacquers.

A beauty trend in South Korea seems to be the lip tint, where they apply on in the inner parts of the lips and then smudge it slightly towards to outer. They don't seem to like the full-on, lip-fulling look. I don't quite like the whole lip tint concept (really don't), but their lip tints looked really fun to wear.

How to Wear Tips:
This lip lacquers are so fully pigmented, that you seriously only need two dabs! Because these are so saturated with vibrant color, I take two dabs and smudge it all over my lips up to my lip line.
Because this is on the drying side, I like to wear a matte lip balm (like my Nuxe Reve de Miel) on top or under it. If you want to wear in accordance to the Korean beauty trend, you can dap a bit on and smudge it only in the inner parts without really defining the lip line.

Formulation:
Liquid goes slightly powdery, something similar to the Giorgio Armani lip maestro lip lacquers, in terms of how it goes a bit powdery.

Wear:
At first, I was blown away by how good they were. How good they suited most skin types, and how vibrant the colors were. But I was let down by how they wore off. They do dry in parts, and cling to any lip scar or scab you might have. You will want to prep your skin first, and keep applying this throughout the day, WITH a lip balm. As long as you do, you're lips will be looking pretty :)

Packaging:
Perfect. I love their logo, it's so fun and cute. Considering they aren't anything luxe, (bought them for $16), their packaging definitely makes them feel like something worth more! Perfect to chuck into your handbag as well :)

Shades:
I have to say that I love the shade "Bumble Gum" the most! It's that true purple violet shade that when you take pictures, it looks really pretty. I've been looking for a shade like this, and I've got a few lipsticks that are similar shades as to this one- but this one is really right on the mark.
Then, I've got two orange shades. One is super uber bright shade called "Fever", and rightfully so. The other is a more yellow-toned, more true orange shade called "xxOrange". Both are hot for summer!
I've got one coral nude that I love and instagrammed before. It's the shade "bon bon", and it's their best-selling shade.
Then finally, a great hot pink- "Pink Boom" is pretty amazing as well!

**

These will last you so long because they are so pigmented. All you need is a little! Google for wholesalers who stock these up and can ship to the US. I got mine on www.honestskin.com :)

4 comments:

  1. I found out about this brand from Urban Outfitters and have been really curious about it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! I didn't know Urban Outfitters carried this brand. going to check it out now :)

      Delete
  2. Pink Boom and BonBon are absolutely dashing shades! I've seen this brand being very hot on korean make up sites but still not very popular against asian beauty bloggers but I'm very excited by the super bold shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ever since trying these lip lacquers, I've been wanting to try other products from their brand but it's just a hassle to get them to ship here! but if they do sell a wide range of their products on urban outfitters, I'll probably look there. they'll probably sell it for higher prices though

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.