DIY: How to Make the Best Virgin Mojito



For all you non-drinkers, this DIY drink is for you. After trying an awesome virgin mojito when in London, I thought I'd make it my job to make it myself at home. It's the perfect spring/summer drink, and a great way to serve your friends and family who are over! It's my favorite kind of mock-tail and I hope you enjoy it too! 

I am no chef, let alone even being good in the kitchen so bear with me if my directions are ambiguous. Here's what you'll need:
  • Ginger ale
  • Pellegrino or any kind of Sparkling Water(optional/ you can use all ginger ale, but I like to dilute the ale with the sparking water)
  • Lime Juice (I used the Italian Volcano Organic Lime Juice)
  • Limes
  • Mint leaves
  • Cilantro (optional)
  • ICE.
  • Sugar (optional)
  • Apple Juice (optional)




Let me tell you how I like my drink. FULL OF MINTS, and tasting more than just sweet or sour. I like a bit of depth so I did use pretty much all the ingredients I stated above.

Here's what I did:

  • Chop up the mint leaves. I used about one whole batch of them. 
  • Cut the limes into decent sizes. Make sure you wash them first since they'll be soaking in your drink the whole time!

  • Make the juice:
    • In one serving cup size, I put in 1/4 cup of lime juice.
    • Then, I added 1/2 cup of ginger ale.
    • Added just a sip of apple juice (apple soda). Literally, a sip. Nothing too much!
    • Topped it with pelligrino to the top. 
    • Add ice accordingly. (I didn't have ice, so I made sure to make all my drinks really cold before using them).
  • Add the mint leaves. More the better.
  • Squeeze in some fresh lime, then just drop them into the drink.
  • MIX! Let the mint really get soaked with the rest of the drink.
  • Pour more ice (if you want)
  • THEN, VOILA YOU ARE DONE :)
  • You've got yourself a fresh, icey, minty, refreshing sweet tarty VIRGIN MOJITO :) 


Yum yum! It is so refreshing, I love it. What I did was, make just the juice and constantly added it to my drink as I finished it. I think it's easy to get creative with it, no set rules!

Tell me if you've ever made a mock-tail before, and what drinks you recommend. If you do try this virgin mojito, send me a link so I can take a look! I love to see it :)




1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious... :)
    My favourite "mocktail" (if you can even call it that) is a virgin gin and tonic. Basically just tonic water with lots of lemon! Sometimes the simplest things can just be so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.