First Impressions of Sephora VIB Beauty Haul




I recently received my Sephora VIB package, stuffed with a few goodies that I purchased during their 15% sale. It's not a lot, but it's products I've been eyeing for quite some time now. As you saw with my wishlist, it is pretty much exact what I said I'd get. I've had a few days to try them all out, so I'm going to give you a first impressions of these products!



Hourglass Cosmetics Blush
The first one up, and my favorite so far is the Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Blush in Radiant Magenta. I've heard a lot about them, and after contemplating about it some more, I thought it'd be a good time to get it during the sale season. The shade Radiant Magenta was eye-catching from the start. I know it wasn't one of the more popular ones (Dim Infusion) but the bright pink and golden peachy swirl looked captivating! 




Hourglass Cosmetics Eye-brow Sculpting Pencil
Another impressive product by the same brand is their eyebrow sculpting pencil. It has two sides, one with the eyebrow spatchela /brush and the other with the eyebrow pencil. I got the shade "arch" was is their medium shade (they only have 3 shades). I love the shade because it is on the gray side rather than orange or yellow-brown. It's very waxy so it will stay on so much longer than the creamier types. I love the packaging!



Bumble and Bumble City Swept Hair Spray
It promises a "lived-in, street-styled look" with separation and sheen. I love this thing! Because I get my hair chemically-straightened and I have a lot of layers in my hair, the day I wash my hair I hate the way the layers look dead. I usually put my hair right into a bun (with a pencil) so that after a few hours I get a naturally "tousled" look. But this hair spray makes it so much easier. They say to spray it on dry hair, as you lift it up and let them fall through mist. It gives hold without tangling your hair, which I found the Bumble and Bumble Surf spray does.

Hourglass Cosmetics Mineral Veil Primer
This is a cult fave of mine, and something I've repurchased over and over again. I've been wanting this product in a different packaging and voila! They came out with a JUMBO size that comes in a TUBE. *YES* The glass bottle makes it so hard to use up all the products inside, but this tube, you can squeeze it out.
In terms of how much I love the product, you can check it out here.

Buxom Lip Cream in "Sophia"
I used 100 points to add this to my basket. It has a tingling effect that plumps your lips. I found that the color is not obvious, so I like to layer on top of a lipstick. I definitely feel the tingling sensation. Unfortunately, I don't think it plumps my lips that much. I mean, I'm not expecting injection-effect, but I didn't see much difference considering how uncomfortable the tingling effect was.




2 comments:

  1. That blush and lipgloss look awesome! I've seen the pigmentation of most of those blushes from them but I find too many of them too lightly pigmented! I'm not interested in lip plumping effects but the lipgloss sounds like it would feel really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the blush is lovely and I highly recommend! As for the lipgloss, it does add brilliance and definite shine to the lips :) x

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.