Charlotte Tilbury's Makeup, Part I. Bronzer & Glow Duo


My mind was set on picking up some Charlotte Tilbury makeup when I went to the UK. I was in London for about four days, and on the third day, I went to Selfridges to check them out. I was so thrilled to finally go to Selfridges that I even took a picture of the Charlotte Tilbury section! 



Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet Charlotte Tilbury herself but I absolutely adore her and watch most of her videos on Youtube. Anyway, there was so many things to check out and because the products are on the pricer bit, I knew I couldn't get everything I wanted. What I ended up buying was three products: The Filmstar Bronze & Glow, Full Fat Lashes Mascara, and Eyeshadow Pencil in Smokey Emerald. Today, I'm going to be talking to you about the The FilmStar Bronze & Glow bronzer and highlighter duo. 

As a start, let me put it out there that this gets a full fat FIVE OUT OF FIVE. Six stars, if I could. 

The Packaging
Charlotte Tilbury got it right on the mark. As someone who is so passionate about makeup, you can only assume that she'd do everything just right when it comes to packaging. The duo bronzer and highlighter comes in this luxurious gold sleek packaging. Right in the middle is her logo CT, which is ever so elegant. You do feel like a Filmstar goddess with this in your hands. The size and look of the packaging is en pointe and just so beautiful!

The Actual:
On the left is the bronzer and on the right is the highlighter. 
The Bronzer:
The color doesn't look as scary as say the Nars Laguna bronzer, and so I thought it might be too "un-dramatic" for what I look for in bronzers. I wasn't first to use this product. I had put it off, but while I did, my sisters took a share in trying out this duo. They raved so much about it, that I finally decided to see for myself. After washing my brushes clean, I took a gentle sweep of the bronzer and swept it lightly on my face. Let me tell you, it was a WOWza kind of effect. It was prominent and there, but it definitely wasn't an unnatural look. It instantly shaded in your face like a natural shadow, but it also sculpted the face in such an easy way! 

I wanted to do a swatch for you to see the color, but the pictures didn't come out true to the color, and I want to really say that what you swatch and how it actually looks on your face is very different. Swatching the bronzer, I didn't think it looks as prominent as it did on my face. 

The Highlighter:
The highlighter was also a WOWza. It's just so easy to use and you don't have to be afraid to use it relentlessly. It's so finely milled that when you sweep it down your nose, on the top of checks, and wherever else, the glow looks so natural and so you. The glow, even in the harshest truest sunlight, does not look like cake on the skin. It sits so peacefully on the skin and makes you look radiant without looking glittery or forced. It's natural and it gives you a true GLOW


Unfortunately, you can't get them in the US yet. But I'm sure with such a huge fan-base and the amazing reviews that are pouring out, Charlotte Tilbury will soon launch worldwide. At least I'm waiting for that day! Meanwhile, if you're ever heading to London anytime soon, make sure you head over to Selfridges and check them out!

2 comments:

  1. Selfridges ships to the US now, though I don't even want to think about those prices. Glad you got your hands on this - i love the look of the sculpt brush that goes with this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do they really? The last time I checked their website, they weren't shipping the CT products over. Must check now! Thanks :) x

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.