THE NAKED 3.


I finally got around to trying the Urban Decay's famous Naked 3 palette out. I have the first and second palette, so I expected just as amazing things from their third palette. I was happy to know the palette would be full of shades never seen before. It's also new in that it is full of these feminine rosy shades. I always loved the idea of trying out rosy pink shades on the eyes, but was scared to. With the hopes that Urban Decay would do it right again, I invested in this beautiful palette.

So, here is what I think about this palette. It definitely is full of beautiful shades, shades that I previously didn't have. They are all creamy, pigmented, and dimensional. Especially the darker shades, when you swatch them you can see pearls of different colors reflecting. The first six shades are much obviously pinky than the next six shades. I personally have been loving the shades: burnout, dust, limit, buzz, and liar. They have been most versatile to work with on an everyday basis. 

However, the palette is less "everyday" for me than the other two Naked palettes. Out in the sunlight, the pink really comes through and sometimes I don't feel as comfortable in them as I would if I were wearing the more neutral brown-taupe kinds of shades you find in the other palettes. In general, these shades don't complement my skin tone very well. 

I won't say that this palette is necessarily a must-have kind of palette. But if you want a palette that is feminine and new, then this would be a great palette to invest in. You are getting twelve shades, mixed with matte and glitter shades. Like the other Naked palettes, you can play around with the colors so much.



Here are the swatches of the first six shades from the lightest to the right. I love that the lightest shade is a matte shade, so that you can use it on the brow bone without looking too overdone. From left to right: strange, dust, burnout, limit, buzz, and trick.




Here are the next six shades, the darker ones. Names are Nooner, Liar, Factor, Mugshot, Darkside, and Blackheart. Let me just say that the darkest shade looks really beautiful! It is the brown with almost purple-pink specks, mixed with golden specks all in one!



So here are all twelve shades decorating my two forearms! How do you love them? I would personally love to see a neutrals palette from Urban Decay that works with green/emerald shades! I do hope Urban Decay continues with these successful Naked palettes. What do you say UD, how about a green-tone Naked palette for the fourth edition? :)

In general, it's a cool and new palette but if you're looking to save money and wanting a more workable palette, I'd suggest the Naked 1 palette instead. I still haven't really found a way to make the combinations of colors work perfectly for my skin tone. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.