COLORS OF MAKEUP #1⎪FUCHSIA & PLUM Lips

I'm going to start a series of posts that kind of bundle up a few of my makeup products into similar color categories. Of course, there are those midi-colors that are hard to put into one definite category, so if you think they overlap a bit, I hope you'll understand!

Today's post is going to be on one of my favorite lipstick colors. Fuchsia+Plum. So, let's begin with a definition of what the color of fuchsia is: a vivid purplish-red color like that of the sepals of a typical fuchsia flower. (Google)


Here are my top picks! Run your mouse over each product to see the individual in-depth review.


I don't actually think I have an official review of the NARS Funny Face, but in swatches you will see that it is quite similar to the Bobbi Brown Cosmic Raspberry! What attracted me most to the NARS lipstick was that even in the tube, you can detect this really vivid blue undertone, which makes it look more purpley than the Bobbi Brown. Take a look at the pictures down below. You may not see it so much in the swatches, but in the actual picture of the lipstick, you can see the hues I am talking about!

And of course, here are the Swatches:



And after all that, I remembered that I had my Clinique Chubby Stick in Pudgy Peony that I also really love!



Please be advised that under different light, these colors can look sometimes darker, redder, purpley, and even pinker. I tried to reflect the different hues it gives off, but because the color fuchsia itself is a mixture of purples and reds, you can imagine how complexly it can develop!

Which is your favorite? I'd love to know! x

2 comments:

  1. I love the slightly vampy plum tones of Mac rebel and Tom Ford Violet fatale! Another in the same vein that I adore is Guerlain Gigolo. I think my jaw hit the floor the first time I swatched it in the Union Square sephora two years ago. STUNNING. -J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Guerlain I have is one from ages ago, a rosy red! I have since forgotten how good their lipsticks are so I'll have to check them out the next time I'm by their counters. Thank you for the recc x :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.