Shu Uemura + Karl Lagerfeld


Recently, Shu Uemura had a 20% sale and I thought it was the perfect time to get some of the things I was eyeing from Shu Uemura. I recently posted a Mini Shu Uemura Haul and spoke about how impressed I was with their products. I always knew how great they were, but never really had the chance to try them out. After trying them out, I've really grown to love them! Their lipsticks are so super moist and so brilliantly pigmented. In fact, they are so hydrating that if you were to put them on chapped lips, it actually works like a lip balm (very similar to Burberry's lip mist that I love).

excuse the chipped nails! but look at the SUKL design (a bit freaky haha!)

Shu Uemura had a few products that they collaborated with Karl Lagerfeld. I believe there were four lip products with the limited edition KL logo(?) on them. At first, this wasn't what I was going for. There were certain shades of lippies I had in mind, but no doubt, they were all sold out! So, to get a substitute for this neutral orange shade I wanted (that my sister has!) I picked something similar to it.

The lipstick is from their rouge unlimited line and the shade is the color "Celebrity Beige". The SUKL comes in its own special packaging, and it feels so extra special! It is actually pretty similar to the shade I wanted. It is this beige with an orange undertone. It has a slight pearl-shimmer to it, but very subtle so it won't look too cheap on the lips. The color is so beautiful and it's not too nude and not too orange for any day. It's just such a lovely shade, and it looks prettier I think on a medium/tan skin (I think).

Also, Shu Uemura blushes are truly wonderful! I think the shades they have work even better on yellow-undertones. Truly. It brings out just the right shade and it doesn't make you look too red or any of that. Although (again), I had other shades in mind, they were all sold out. So, I settled for this really pretty amber shade. It is called their Glow On in P Soft Amber 740.



I thought this shade would be really good for the days when you want a little something-something on your cheeks but you don't know what would fit! I know you girls have those days, because I certainly do. I thought it'd give a really nice freshness and at the same time, a little definition on the cheeks. You can go crazy with it because it is so neutral, and you won't look too overdone. There is again a slight pearl in them, but again ever so subtle.

I know it's hard to see, but I think it'll really bring a nice effect once on the face! It's on the upper part of my hand!

I have yet to try this on my cheeks, but I think I'll love it! I've swatched it and you'll see how subtle it is, but I really think this is one of those less is more kind of look-- where even though it doesn't look like a lot of color, when you actually put it on, it gives this really subtle pretty effect!

This blush wasn't part of the SUKL collection, but I thought I'd add it in with the rest of the haul. I also bought a blush brush, but I'll feature that in another post once I try it out!

What do you guys think of these? I definitely recommend trying out their lipsticks and blushes. They are just so good, and actually more affordable than some high-ends. Lipsticks are a bit expensive, but if you buy it at duty-free it's a bit cheaper! Or, like me, wait for the sale-season :) Lipsticks usually sell at $30, and blushes for $18. I think that's pretty good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.