JulepMaven Box Review!

Eden w/ Flash! LOVE this :)

I swear I am not nail polish junkie, but how do I explain the unnecessary amounts of "different shades of" pinks, greens, blues, reds, purples, grays, nudes? I can't. Maybe I am becoming one?


Still yet, I am nowhere near the amount beauty girls have. I can still fix all of my nail polishes into two Glossyboxes :) not that having a lot is anything to be ashamed of! However, you do have to admit that nail polishes aren't a need but a want. Still yet, when I found out that Julep gave their first JulepMaven monthly box for free, I quickly jumped on the wagon!

sorry if the filer looks dirty! I couldn't wait to try it out :)
I've seen Julep nail polishes here and there, spoken about here and there. I was and still am so very content with all my Butter nail polishes, I didn't think I had to try theirs. But hey, you can try their box for free! Then, why not try it out? (I still have to check if I have been subscribed to receive their box monthly, but I don't think so because I only paid for one box's shipping. The actual box was entirely free!)

So, briefly speaking: Julep has a monthly subscription where you pay $20 for a box of 2-3 nail polishes, and a slew of bits and bobs, things like nail polish remover, nail filer, or even hand lotions. You choose. First though, you are recommended a "type" of box. You take this mini-quiz, and you come out either: It girl, Boho glam, Bombshell, or Classic with a Twist. I came out as a Boho glam kind of gal!

But, for the free box, I chose this It-girl box only because this was the only box that sent just all 3 nail polishes. The other boxes had 2 nail polishes and hand lotions, and I didn't need the hand lotion. Besides, the It girl box had one shade that I really really wanted. It's their shade Eden.


w/out flash
Eden is a really, truly vibrant violet. It is a mix of royal blue and purple, and oh boy it is bright! I have been searching for a really bright blue. This seemed to be it. And yes! It really was what I expected! The texture is also a "creme". Anyway, the color is so pretty! I love it. It is also really opaque and one coat is enough. The only downfall is that it dries matte. You HAVE to put on a really shiny topcoat to make it shine. Otherwise, you're going to be stuck with a matte nail polish.

Abbie
As for the other two shades, though, I'm not really sure. I was excited about the yellow shade Abbie. I thought it'd be this really bright opaque sunshine yellow shade. Unfortunately, it wasn't like Eden but rather very sheer. You need at least three coats of this to get it to look nice. The green shade, Mackenzie, is also nice but something I'm not head over heels about. I still have to swatch it, but just in the case, it's not my favorite.

Mackenzie
My box also came with one non-reusable nail polish remover (that did not work well at all!) and a nail filer, which I love!

Overall, though I am so thankful for the free box and finally getting to try their polishes, I don't think I'll subscribe to their monthly service. I'd rather go on their website and just buy the ones that I actually like instead of risking $20 for nail polishes that I may not enjoy. But hey, it might be up your street :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.