HERA UV Mist Cushion⎪Review


I want to talk about the foundation that I've been using every day since I first got it. It is the Hera UV Mist Cushion.







These "cushion foundations" are big in Korea, and after seeing Korean girls wear it and look great, I thought I might give it a try. I know firsthand that Korean girls really love that dewy natural glow makeup. There's even a word "Mol-gwang" to define that water glow makeup. My skin is starting to look dull and dry, and I thought putting some moisture and life back into my makeup routine would be a good start. Read the Haul post.

Though I love this and I feel safe since I have three more packs of these left, there are a few downfalls to this foundation. But before I go on with what I don't like so much about this foundation, let me tell you why I've been using this over all my other foundations.

First: GLOW. You'll see in the last picture the natural gleam and glow you get. It's beautiful and your skin looks young and healthy.

Second: BRIGHT. Though the color range is very minimal like most Korean foundation color ranges, what I love is that the bright tone of this color remains that way. I'll try to explain myself better. There are some foundations that after application, oxidizes throughout the day, causing the color of the foundation on the face to eventually look yellow, dull, and darker. But what I love about this Hera cushion foundation is that the shade remains the same throughout the day. No oxidizing and all day "brightness".

Third: COVERAGE. Though the coverage isn't Estee Lauder's Maximum Coverage Foundation, this foundation does a pretty good job covering all my scars. What I love is that though it doesn't cover everything, it gives the impression that you have flawless skin. It glosses over scars and blemishes, and it gives this really natural coverage. But natural doesn't mean it doesn't cover well, because it does!

Fourth: PACKAGING. The inside is replaceable so you don't have to buy a new case and content every time. You can save the price by just buying the inside. You just put it out... you'll know when you get it, how that is done. Also, the whole concept of the plastic-like sponge to apply the foundation is wonderful. It really makes the application of the foundation bouncy and alive.

Now, for the bits of things I don't like about it. This foundation is really rich. At first, I thought there was no way I could wear this and expect the foundation to last even three hours. It definitely felt like it was slipping off my face. But how I remedied that problem was using a powder primer. I've talked about the Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder. I use this as a primer, and wow the difference it makes in the wear and application! Read it here.

So, if you are one really oily skinned person, this foundation may not be for you UNLESS you use a powder-like or a really good primer. You'll have the feeling that your skin is sticky all day, otherwise.

But oh boy, if you have dry skin - you'd love this to pieces!

Anyway, so that was a long in-depth review of this foundation. Have you tried this, and if so, how do you find it?

1 comment:

  1. This sounds amazing! This is the third review I've read of this and although it's a bit pricey everyone who's used it loves the effect and finish it has! I totally need to jump on this bb cushion trend!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.